Areo Marine ??

Notices

Areo Marine ??

Old 02-11-2007, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pics.

A few more shots

Last edited by Russ G; 07-17-2007 at 08:49 PM.
Old 02-11-2007, 03:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Russ ,,look's like you have a Lancer that's a later one that's good,, the power trime is a factory unit,,the early one's had home made chevy motor mount's for the transome bracket. Replace the tiller arm steering,, and the drive is a Stearn power SP,, not bad. The rest is up to you, how much you want to clean up and modernize. Mark
Old 02-11-2007, 03:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default New Graphics

Can real improve the graphics on the boat without spending a ton of money...go to my web site www.boatwrapz.com and see what we can do and then give me a call. Have a 74,75.76 in restroation. Bud
Old 02-11-2007, 04:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Russ ,,look's like you have a Lancer that's a later one that's good,, the power trime is a factory unit,,the early one's had home made chevy motor mount's for the transome bracket. Replace the tiller arm steering,, and the drive is a Stearn power SP,, not bad. The rest is up to you, how much you want to clean up and modernize. Mark
Thanks for all the info Mark. I did not buy it yet. I love the lines of the boat and the fact that it is a single engine. I want to customize it. I really just wanted to see if was worth sinking some money into and if it would ride as good as a Magnum. I am aware that it is cheaper to buy a restored one than do the work myself. But I like to do the work myself and do a little at a time. I'm a low buck guy. LOL.

Russ
Old 02-11-2007, 04:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mr vinyl
Can real improve the graphics on the boat without spending a ton of money...go to my web site www.boatwrapz.com and see what we can do and then give me a call. Have a 74,75.76 in restroation. Bud
You do great work Bud. Your stuff look very trick! But my best skill is painting. I was a auto painter for 18 years or so. So I can redo the finish for the price of paint. Thanks for offer.

Russ
Old 02-11-2007, 05:30 PM
Registered

Buy a mag you wont be sorry, Jim sold some real junk in his day. I know I had a so called new boat it was about half new and half out of a junk yard. He cashed the check and forgot who I was one hour later.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:25 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 77 Likes on 32 Posts

it all depends on how cheap you can get it .............If it as anything like the real deal buy it...........Post some better pics of the engine bay, ya know how the stringers are laid out and how thick..... interior pics of the stringers.......Where are the fuel tanks etc......This will give us a better idea how close and how well it was built to a mag...........Good luck thank god your a painter that will save you a lot of money..............If ya need any pics of anything on mine let me know....I have a single set up mag..............
Old 02-11-2007, 06:42 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Based on what is on the market $8-10,000 might be ok...would not pay any more.I picked a 74 mag just the hull with lots of extra parts no engine for $1,500. Bud
Old 02-11-2007, 09:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mr vinyl
Based on what is on the market $8-10,000 might be ok...would not pay any more.I picked a 74 mag just the hull with lots of extra parts no engine for $1,500. Bud
Wow where did you find that deal??? I give you $2,500 if its a sport! LOL!
Old 02-12-2007, 02:56 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Here are two of the best examples of Jim's Clem's boat's, both were rigged by their owner's. The black one Mariah,, I helped out on, back then [1979] you had to make all your custom bracket's, the details on this boat would still stand up to today's standards. Little Miss Dangerous raced by Dan H,, had a great racing heritage, later I beleive became Mr Zip.
Attached Thumbnails Areo Marine ??-scan0077.jpg   Areo Marine ??-scan0078.jpg   Areo Marine ??-scan0076.jpg  

Quick Reply: Areo Marine ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.