Looking for a 27 Magnum >

Looking for a 27 Magnum

Notices

Looking for a 27 Magnum

Old 08-06-2007, 10:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a 27 Magnum

I am looking for a 27' Magnum Sport and am wondering if there are specific structural defects I should be looking out for.

Are transoms and stringers prone to rot?

Can a hull with Volvo outdrives be refitted with Merc TRS or is this impossible/impractical? I had a Donzi with a Volvo outdrive - not having power trim sucks. My Scarab had TRS's and I liked them alot.

Any advice would be appreciated. I would also be grateful for leads on available boats in good condition.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by wantamagbad
I am looking for a 27' Magnum Sport and am wondering if there are specific structural defects I should be looking out for.

Are transoms and stringers prone to rot?

Can a hull with Volvo outdrives be refitted with Merc TRS or is this impossible/impractical? I had a Donzi with a Volvo outdrive - not having power trim sucks. My Scarab had TRS's and I liked them alot.

Any advice would be appreciated. I would also be grateful for leads on available boats in good condition.
Most of the Mag's that are for sale are 30 + years old, if they have been cared for they should be good. The brown & white, and all white sports here on Oso for sale are very good ones.
Anything can be refitted, the Short Circuit was a Volvo boat, redone with merc drive's, raced and won many races. Volvo makes some great drives now, that may be another way to go also. This Maltese has been refitted with Volvo drives, looks great.
Attached Thumbnails Looking for a 27 Magnum-magnum%2520001.jpg