Windshield for 27' Sport >

Windshield for 27' Sport

Notices

Windshield for 27' Sport

Old 08-22-2007, 04:19 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by amarket1
Does anyone know where I can get a windshield or anyone that would make one for me. The local plexi glass guy will not do it. Thanks for the help. Sean
Tell your local plexi guy to put som nails in the shop door.

Nice project you have there. What engine(s) are you going with?

Good luck and let the pics come!

Mange
Old 08-22-2007, 08:13 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re do looks great

Sean great looking redo,where did you pick the boat up originally,what are the hull #s on the back which will tell you when it was built etc.The way we are going there are going to be not many old Magnus to re do. Bud
Old 08-22-2007, 09:47 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got it here in Louisiana and called Magnum and got the info on the hull # before I got it. Its a 1975 and it was a twin engine set up and I converted it back to a single and are going with a 502 and Bravo Drive. The motor is a 502 with Edlebrock Al heads,Merlin Intake,CMI Headers. Hope to make some where around 600hp. Boat should run good enough for me with that. What do you guys think it should run with that? I have taken some weight out of the boat as well. I could not belive that they had 2 galvanized steel tanks in the bow of this thing. Like to kill me taking them out. Had an Al tank built and just waiting on a few other parts to come in so I can start rigging. Everyone keeps telling me how great this thing will ride and I cannot wait to get her wet. Thanks for all the help and I will keep posting pics as I get closer to it being done.

Aaron let me know when you ge that boxed up and I will shoot you my UPS account # to get it to Don.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:09 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default Redo 27 Sport

You are going to love your Mag....we all do.There is a another great guy Kevin at Team Marine,Northern Wisc. who can build your entire electrical harness along with gages, bezels and dash ,you may want to give him a call 608-525-8326.Attached is a photo of the new dash and side shot on the 28 Maltese that will be vinyl wrapped in Sept.Also the best upholstery comes from South Miami ,just got my Maltese back along with the interior for the 28 Maltese that will be wrapped.They are a work of art. Will send those pictures after they have been installed. Bud
Attached Thumbnails Windshield for 27' Sport-img_0798.jpg   Windshield for 27' Sport-p1000276.jpg   Windshield for 27' Sport-powdercoated-dash-parts0030.jpg  

Last edited by mr vinyl; 08-22-2007 at 01:15 PM.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:22 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by amarket1
I got it here in Louisiana and called Magnum and got the info on the hull # before I got it. Its a 1975 and it was a twin engine set up and I converted it back to a single and are going with a 502 and Bravo Drive. The motor is a 502 with Edlebrock Al heads,Merlin Intake,CMI Headers. Hope to make some where around 600hp. Boat should run good enough for me with that. What do you guys think it should run with that? I have taken some weight out of the boat as well. I could not belive that they had 2 galvanized steel tanks in the bow of this thing. Like to kill me taking them out. Had an Al tank built and just waiting on a few other parts to come in so I can start rigging. Everyone keeps telling me how great this thing will ride and I cannot wait to get her wet. Thanks for all the help and I will keep posting pics as I get closer to it being done.

Aaron let me know when you ge that boxed up and I will shoot you my UPS account # to get it to Don.
Around 600 hoarse with a bravo and a good set up as far as x demension, prop selection should get ya in the mid to high seventies as long as she is nose light with not a lot of interior up there.........Good luck keep the pics coming we love em
Old 08-22-2007, 05:29 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by nocigarette
Around 600 hoarse with a bravo and a good set up as far as x demension, prop selection should get ya in the mid to high seventies as long as she is nose light with not a lot of interior up there.........Good luck keep the pics coming we love em
Yeah we got the X a bit on the high side but rather be too high than too low. I can always buy a spacer.
Should be bow light no frills in the cabin and had an aluminum tank made to go under the back seat. Mid 70's is what I was thinking and hoping for.
I cannot believe you are selling you Mag was reading all the work you put into that thing it would be very hard for me to part with it.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:51 PM
Registered

you can try stellar plastics in detroit on gratiot
313-5277337 he use to have the mold
Old 09-17-2007, 03:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by craig robbins
you can try stellar plastics in detroit on gratiot
313-5277337 he use to have the mold
I use to buy plexiglass from them in the 60's I didn't know they were still in business ?? I know they were very helpful then with making boat windshields.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:29 PM
Registered

Bud that dash looks great, I wish I didn't live so far away I'm really interested in wrapping my boat in vinyl as well. Do you have any recommendation for me I'm in Delaware?
Old 09-17-2007, 08:59 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default Wrapping Boats

WE can wrap most anywhere...I can send a guy out there to do it however rather do it at out our shop in Il.,better control. I can have it shipped very reasonable with a travel trailer hauler that I work with.Also the dash can be ordered right from Team Marine in Wi.
For all you big block guys ...the redone Maltese is running in the mid to high 70's and we dont even have it propped out right.Power is 383 small blocks,bravo drives,Mel Riggs did the rigging.Bud

Quick Reply: Windshield for 27' Sport

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.