Found a magnum, need some advice!

Notices

Found a magnum, need some advice!

Old 08-29-2007, 10:18 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Pricing on sport

I agree a survey is a must,need need to check out the condition of the stringers,bulkhead,transom & gas tanks.Have him put it in the water and take it out for a test drive.It would be good to hook up with another Magnum owner in your area,I am sure he would go and look at it with you.Would not let on that you have all these Magnum people behind you.
On pricing it is what you feel is fair based on all the info you can gather.Repairing drives and engines can be expensive...more than you might pay for the boat. Bud
Old 08-29-2007, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The boat is in Brentwood NH I approached the owner of that boat and asked if it was for sale in may of this year, he arrogantly replied from his trailer NO IT FU#@&#G ISN'T FOR SALE !!! I opted to leave before he bit me.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:01 AM
Registered

It is located in Brentwood, I guess I caught the guy on a good day, we talked about it for about a half hour. When I first approcahed him he said it wasn't for sale but then as we started talking he said it wasnt his boat and he was storing it for a buddy of his. He told me he would be looking to get 10k for it. I honestly am not sure it is worth 10K. When we were talking about it I got a chance to take a good look at it and the red on it is paint. It also was not painted with a gun as I can see brush lines. I am wondering if it was origionally all white, The interior is shot and I would be surprised if the motors are any good, I am looking for a project boat, something with no motor or drives but if I could get it for a cheap enough price it wouldnt matter. Any one know of a project boat in the 27-30' range that needs significant cosmetic work and a powerplant for short money(5k or below)
Old 09-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Thomas Anderson
The boat is in Brentwood NH I approached the owner of that boat and asked if it was for sale in may of this year, he arrogantly replied from his trailer NO IT FU#@&#G ISN'T FOR SALE !!! I opted to leave before he bit me.

I live 3 miles from where this boat is.

Someone removed the cockpit cover 2 years ago and I have seen it filled with snow for two winters now.

Damn shame...

I recommend the survey for sure.

Tommy is the man, so if he couldn't get it for a steal or even a fair price, then you have your work cut out for you.

Old 09-01-2007, 09:50 PM
Registered

It is a damn shame!

I have all but moved on. I think there is some shady hapening going on with the boat, the property, and the guy living on it. I am now looking at 30' baja that needs a lot of work. Thank you all for your feedback but it looks like the Magnum just isnt gonna happen
Old 09-02-2007, 01:08 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't give up on a Magnum.......it shouldn't be too hard to find one that needs work......

What ever happen to this one?........
Attached Thumbnails Found a magnum, need some advice!-9cc1_1.jpg  
Old 09-02-2007, 01:11 AM
Registered

Or this one.....?
Attached Thumbnails Found a magnum, need some advice!-redboat.jpg  
Old 09-02-2007, 01:13 AM
Registered

What's your price range?.......this one is in BT for $12K I think?......a rare pointed windscreen.....
Attached Thumbnails Found a magnum, need some advice!-60500062701000002_1.jpg  
Old 09-02-2007, 07:56 AM
Registered

I will pay up to 10k if it runs, but I am really interested in a project boat, something with no drives or engines that I can steal for like 4-5k. Any thoughts?
Old 09-02-2007, 05:26 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default Rebuildable Magnum

Have a 28 1974 Maltese with the extra gas tank up front,no engines or drives Have some of the hardware however know where you can find the missing parts if you need to.Choice of Red and White racing bolsters side panels and rear seat...or Blue and White pedestal shock mount seats plus rear seat and deck cushion.Also have some original controls that should fit.If interested $3,500 call 312-607-3115 . Bud

Quick Reply: Found a magnum, need some advice!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.