Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Magnum Marine
1973 27 Sport Questions >

1973 27 Sport Questions

Notices

1973 27 Sport Questions

Old 01-22-2008, 10:56 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My floor is plywood.....I'm pretty sure it's original. There are 2 lockers and pull up hatches......carpet over top.

Yeah......Don Racine did a great job on the windshield. I just sent him my old one. At the time he didn't have the darker green plexi-glass so I went with the lighter version........it looks good but to be more correct I'd like to have another one made in the darker green.

Last edited by 24degrees; 01-22-2008 at 11:01 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 24degrees
My floor is plywood.....I'm pretty sure it's original. There are 2 lockers and pull up hatches......carpet over top.

Yeah......Don Racine did a great job on the windshield. I just sent him my old one. At the time he didn't have the darker green plexi-glass so I went with the lighter version........it looks good but to be more correct I'd like to have another one made in the darker green.
Funny-

I was thinking the same thing about the lighter plexi-glass but didn't want to say anything. Also, it really didn't matter for me because I figure it would still look better then what I have (lots of cracks etc.). But if he has the darker shade now I think I am going to do it for sure.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mvento
Funny-

I was thinking the same thing about the lighter plexi-glass but didn't want to say anything. Also, it really didn't matter for me because I figure it would still look better then what I have (lots of cracks etc.). But if he has the darker shade now I think I am going to do it for sure.
Hey guys, what is the name and numer of the guy your speaking about, i also would like a new one made up for my boat weather it sells or not. i could send him mine and he could u.p.s me the new one,

I like the dark green also, mine was already green but had a lot of marks and small thin cracks, its black now but would like a brand new one done
Old 01-23-2008, 03:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Len S
Hey guys, what is the name and numer of the guy your speaking about, i also would like a new one made up for my boat weather it sells or not. i could send him mine and he could u.p.s me the new one,

I like the dark green also, mine was already green but had a lot of marks and small thin cracks, its black now but would like a brand new one done
There has to be a plexiglass,plastic or lexan guy in your area......They can duplicate it.......If they cant i have a guy buy me that made one in white and one in blue for me.....
Attached Thumbnails 1973 27 Sport Questions-copy-4-magnum-133.jpg   1973 27 Sport Questions-magnum-011.jpg  
Old 01-23-2008, 10:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nocigarette
There has to be a plexiglass,plastic or lexan guy in your area......They can duplicate it.......If they cant i have a guy buy me that made one in white and one in blue for me.....
I did take the windsheild to a guy and he did not want to do it as he was not sure about the bends matching..

Ill ask around the yard were the boat is next time im down that way, they have a fiberglass shop there, they should be able to point me in the right way..

other wise ill get that number off ya and pay the shipping cost, were you happy with yours
Old 01-23-2008, 10:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Len S

Len,

The guys # is 904-771-8170. Racine Design in Jacksonville, FL.

24 Degrees seems to be happy with his. Hopefully I will be too.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:31 AM
Registered

Yeah....considering Don didn't have my boat to fit the windshield......the bends were perfect.

Mitch....what are your plans for interior?
Old 01-26-2008, 01:58 PM
Registered

Yeah....considering Don didn't have my boat to fit the windshield......the bends were perfect.

Thanks guy for the number, glad you were happy with his work
Old 01-28-2008, 08:11 PM
Registered

Interior is still not settled. For now we are getting the boat runnign and running good, then will worry about the interior.

I think the original is the candy stripe but I might just go with white, which is what I think you have?

I would like to eventually change out the bolsters for the original bucket seats. Not sure yet though.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:28 PM
Registered

I'm eventually going to switch to candy stripes and add a very thin pad to my hatch. The hatch is custom made to clear the engines but if I make a thin pad it will mimic a flat hatch with a pad........

This spring I'm going to put a mahogany inlay on the deck and a taller lifeline. Then install the horns, compass, teak step pads and the rest of the deck hardware that was stripped.

Quick Reply: 1973 27 Sport Questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.