Bottom Paint!!! >

Bottom Paint!!!

Notices

Bottom Paint!!!

Old 04-15-2008, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bottom Paint!!!

Has anyone tried removing bottom paint using soda blasting??? or any other process??? HIGH LIFE P.S. my guy in Mass. could do the bottom for $1,000...
Old 04-15-2008, 09:06 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Soda Blasting

Had it done to our 23 ft Proline in Fl.Was very happy with the results,think it ran about the same maybe a little less. Have him do a test patch you will loose the shine of the gel...I would do it again. Bud
Old 04-15-2008, 09:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mr vinyl
Had it done to our 23 ft Proline in Fl.Was very happy with the results,think it ran about the same maybe a little less. Have him do a test patch you will loose the shine of the gel...I would do it again. Bud
My Magnum had white bottom paint on it when i got the boat in lake st clair

I had it soda blasted in the spring of last year and it cost me 1,200.00 Canada Dollars

lots of cleaning to do after, as no matter how hard you try to cover things up that white powder gets into everything when finished .

Was worth the money........Len

Last edited by Len S; 04-15-2008 at 09:58 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:17 PM
Registered

Default Boyyom paint

Len, My guy showed me other boats he just finished,paint stained gel!!! my hull is white, paint is black,will see what happens!!! Other option is to DA the whole bottom!!! You were lucky white paint- white bottom ! Did your's clean up O.K. HIGH LIFE
Old 04-16-2008, 06:32 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Bottom Paint

DA would be my last choice. Bud
Old 04-16-2008, 09:52 PM
Registered

High life Here are two pic's if they come threw of my Mag after i had the bottom soda blasted (Finished product)

Looks pretty good, WHAT DO YOU THINK but you can see a line where the bottom paint was. ill post what it looked like with the bottom paint.. My paint was a gray not a white i was wrong.

Only thing eles to do to make it better would be to have the bottom painted,
Attached Thumbnails Bottom Paint!!!-boat-pics-054.jpg   Bottom Paint!!!-boat-pics-055.jpg  

Last edited by Len S; 04-16-2008 at 10:09 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:03 PM
Registered

Ok i hope these are the rght pic's when the boat had a grey white paint on it.

Remember i scrub for a whole season trying to ware down this **** before haveing it soda blated the following year

High life I think its worth getting it done, bottom line is after there done it will still be better than haveing the bottom paint on it.

Funny when i see pic's like the above ones ive posted, i shake my head about weather to sell it or not
Attached Thumbnails Bottom Paint!!!-100_0839.jpg   Bottom Paint!!!-100_0836.jpg   Bottom Paint!!!-100_0849.jpg  

Last edited by Len S; 04-16-2008 at 10:17 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HIGH LIFE
Len, My guy showed me other boats he just finished,paint stained gel!!! my hull is white, paint is black,will see what happens!!! Other option is to DA the whole bottom!!! You were lucky white paint- white bottom ! Did your's clean up O.K. HIGH LIFE
High Life,

Still have those E-drives?

Jeff
Old 04-17-2008, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hallj
High Life,

Still have those E-drives?

Jeff

Yer gonna need more than e-drives to beat this!!!.....
Attached Thumbnails Bottom Paint!!!-empty_1.jpg  
Old 04-18-2008, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah soda blast it, Len's turned out pretty good. If you feel like throwing some elbow grease into it I'd say soda blast it, wet sand it, and wheel the hell out if it with a good gritty compound, I bet the majority of the luster comes back.

Originally Posted by Len S
Ok i hope these are the rght pic's when the boat had a grey white paint on it.

Remember i scrub for a whole season trying to ware down this **** before haveing it soda blated the following year

High life I think its worth getting it done, bottom line is after there done it will still be better than haveing the bottom paint on it.

Funny when i see pic's like the above ones ive posted, i shake my head about weather to sell it or not

Quick Reply: Bottom Paint!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.