Notices

Time of year

Old 08-28-2008, 08:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time of year

Well its that time of year again when i have to put the old girl away for a couple months tell the storm season is past.It seams like these weather guys just cant tell whare these storms are going to hit tell the day before it hits and then it still may change like charley did.It takes me about a day to get everything picked up and put away and get the shutters up on the house and shop,so if i put her away and leave her inside thats one thing i don't have to worry about.When charley an willma went thrue i left her out an hoped for the best, but not again.Since i made a removable tounge for the trailer she fits in the shop along with her tow truck just fine.Trouble is now i spend too much time fixing all those little things u didn't see outside.
Attached Thumbnails Time of year-vixen-08-001.jpg   Time of year-vixen-08-002.jpg   Time of year-vixen-08-003.jpg  

Old 08-28-2008, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That's a great "compound" Mel.....I especially like the crane for pulling engines.

Old 08-30-2008, 05:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

24degrees,very simple crane.Two PT 2by8s by 12ft bolted together,5ft outside an 7ft thrue the roof trusses inside.First one i made came out 4ft but when we started getting more twins for eng.changes i had to make it a ft. longer to get at the star. eng. Thats when i put the brace under it,don't think it needs it, but just a safty thing.My customers used to call it mels hanging tree.Only had Vixen inside 2 weeks an i miss her already.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Mag27
Well its that time of year again when i have to put the old girl away for a couple months tell the storm season is past.It seams like these weather guys just cant tell whare these storms are going to hit tell the day before it hits and then it still may change like charley did.It takes me about a day to get everything picked up and put away and get the shutters up on the house and shop,so if i put her away and leave her inside thats one thing i don't have to worry about.When charley an willma went thrue i left her out an hoped for the best, but not again.Since i made a removable tounge for the trailer she fits in the shop along with her tow truck just fine.Trouble is now i spend too much time fixing all those little things u didn't see outside.
I hear boat insurance is outrageous this time of year in Florida, hope the Weather Channel is wrong about this hurricane season.