We've finally made it! >

We've finally made it!

Notices

We've finally made it!

Old 03-04-2002, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking We've finally made it!

I am happy to see the Magnum name in the boating line-up. Who on this board has a Magnum. What year/model?
Mine is a 1976 27' Sport
Attached Thumbnails We've finally made it!-magnum-profile-port-side.jpg  
Old 03-05-2002, 07:51 AM
Wildfire

Great looking boat. I have admired it since I first saw it on the donzi.net.

Please post some more info when you get a chance like engine, outdrives, problems you discovered when you put the boat together, etc.

I am just starting my project and am finding all kinds of wonderful things - like big bubbles on the foredeck. I assume that is caused by delamination from the core material due to being old and/or water intrusion. I think that this boat is going to require being split at the rubrail and having the foredeck coring replaced. My plan is to split the boat, flip the top and cut out the bad parts from underneath. Replace that with new coring (assuming balsa) and reglass. Sounds easier than it is of course.

Old 03-10-2002, 07:32 AM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

I have a 27 sedan with a single bbchevy ,goes 70 ,lotsa room in cabin and to work on motor,and is for sale wo motor tripps
Old 03-23-2002, 01:14 PM
propless

Default 2 7 sedan

I bouhgt a 1971 27 seadan hull on a 30' target trailer for $3500.00. I am about to start the restoration. I have a 24 outlaw with a worked 502 bravo ect. that I plan to strip to do the rebuild. The magnum was twins and I want to convert it to single. I would like any information or pictures that could help me. I met aguy at sandy point RI. that did a simalar conversion on a red sport. If you are out there please reply I would like to look at your conversion. The thing that scares me the most is cutting out the center stringer. My baja runs 73 mph @4300rpm with throttle left before chine walking makes me back off, any guesses how much slower the Magnum will be.

Old 03-23-2002, 02:20 PM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would like to see some pics of the sedan model. Are there any websites that would show that model?
Tripps, some pics would help sell your boat.
Old 03-23-2002, 02:21 PM
propless

Default 2 7 sedan

I bouhgt a 1971 27 seadan hull on a 30' target trailer for $3500.00. I am about to start the restoration. I have a 24 outlaw with a worked 502 bravo ect. that I plan to strip to do the rebuild. The magnum was twins and I want to convert it to single. I would like any information or pictures that could help me. I met aguy at sandy point RI. that did a simalar conversion on a red sport. If you are out there please reply I would like to look at your conversion. The thing that scares me the most is cutting out the center stringer. My baja runs 73 mph @4300rpm with throttle left before chine walking makes me back off, any guesses how much slower the Magnum will be.

Old 04-03-2002, 11:55 AM
Registered

Default I just now found this section!!!

1972 Magnum 27 Sport 383 small blocks and Volvo 280Ts

http://www.donzi.net/photos/fcoile1.jpg

http://www.donzi.net/photos/fcoile2.jpg

http://www.thunderboatalley.com/72_27ms_f2-4.htm

How are you guys posting images? When I go to make a post, the Forum Rules say "[IMG] code is OFF ".

Last edited by ForrestC; 04-04-2002 at 11:20 AM.
Old 04-09-2002, 10:35 PM
Registered

We run a 1971 Magnum 27 in the Offshore circuit. We USE to run APBA but have since switched to SBI.

TEAM VIXEN RACING
P4-16

TeamVixenRacing.com
Old 04-10-2002, 10:03 AM
Registered

Thumbs up I like it!

Looks great, Mel! From the before VIXEN pictures on your website, it looks like you guys had your work cut out for you. Let us see some more pictures when you get a chance. We would really like to see her up close and the single engine setup.
Old 04-11-2002, 06:53 PM
Registered

Lightbulb

Hey Forrest:

We visited your site...it looks like you did alot of work on your Magnum too!! I'll pass along the message to Mel~I'm his daughter. I keep the PR stuff and Website going for the team. I'll post a link to the website when I get the restoration pictures uploaded this weekend. I just completely redesigned and uploaded our site for the 2002 season so more pictures will be up by Sunday.

Also, I wanted to ask, do you mind if I put a link to your site on our racing site? I just thought of another idea too...I may develop a page for Magnum owners and have pictures of their boats along with a little owner/boat info. I think it would be interesting to have a variety of "classics" displayed so people can see them together! Katrin and Giovanni Theodoli would probably get a rise out of that!!!

If there are any Magnum owners interested in this, I'll go ahead and design the page this weekend but you need to e-mail me with your picture and info!!!
[email protected]

Talk back with you by the end of the weekend!

Jerri Howard
Team Vixen Racing P4-16

Quick Reply: We've finally made it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.