Info on Hot Nuts

Notices

Info on Hot Nuts

Old 08-29-2008, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info on Hot Nuts

Hello Magnum lovers

Thank you for a great forum for Magnum fans.

I'm considering bringing a 27 sport over to Europe and like the 3 man setup of Hot Nuts thats in the classifieds. I've read some about its early days here in the forum but has anyone seen it lately? What's the shape, is it a good buy?

The seller claims it's in great shape but it's hard to see from the pictures.

Thanks,
Jeppe
Old 08-30-2008, 01:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by JeppeU
Hello Magnum lovers

Thank you for a great forum for Magnum fans.

I'm considering bringing a 27 sport over to Europe and like the 3 man setup of Hot Nuts thats in the classifieds. I've read some about its early days here in the forum but has anyone seen it lately? What's the shape, is it a good buy?

The seller claims it's in great shape but it's hard to see from the pictures.

Thanks,
Jeppe
I have not seen her since the early 80's when she was a race boat. I did have her out and she did like to porpoise, because she had a rocker bottom. The ad said that the transom was rebuilt but ?????? Any Mag this old that has raced like this one would need lots of love.
Attached Thumbnails Info on Hot Nuts-eteterj.jpg   Info on Hot Nuts-scan0172.jpg   Info on Hot Nuts-scan0177.jpg  

Old 08-30-2008, 03:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by h2oboater
I have not seen her since the early 80's when she was a race boat. I did have her out and she did like to porpoise, because she had a rocker bottom. The ad said that the transom was rebuilt but ?????? Any Mag this old that has raced like this one would need lots of love.
Does that mean that her bottom is different than other Mags? And if so why was she equipped with a rocker bottom?
Old 08-30-2008, 07:08 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

if ya want a real nice 3 man race set up email me at [email protected]...........i have a ton of pics and ya can get it real cheap.....
Old 08-30-2008, 10:11 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by JeppeU
Does that mean that her bottom is different than other Mags? And if so why was she equipped with a rocker bottom?
Back in the Day the race team ground the hook out of the hull for more speed. Many did this back in the 80's, some took off to much. You can put more tab in the water but that slows you down. If you have seen any of the video tapes from back then you can see her always bouncing. But anything can be repaired and it may have ??
Old 08-31-2008, 07:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

h2o,are you saying all the Mags came with a hook or just some of them?I know Vixen has no hook an never did.I removed all the gell coat off her bottom an would have seen if anyone had been grinding on it.After our incident in Sarr.in 01 I put larger tabs on her an if I run with them at level with the bottom she will porpoise a little when you get on it,but the second you pull them up it lets the nose come up and she ru n great again.I do agree tabs do act like speed brakes but some times its a lot safer to use them.Not being a smart ass,just that Vixen is the only Mag I ever had anything to do with and am always open to more info. on other ones.Being from Mich. I'm sure you know more about Magnums then most guys on here.

Last edited by Mag27; 08-31-2008 at 08:00 AM.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

HOTT NUTZ happens to belong to a very good friend of mine. Over the last 2 years the boat has been completely gone thru by the owner and a mechanic named Danny...Danny been wrenching on boats for some time and currently is at Kurts Marine in Bricktown NJ. He has worked as a rigger at Fountain, he worked for Joe Sgro's race team as well as a few others and currently races a cat named BANDIT RACING. I've ran HOTT NUTZ in Barnegat BAy and the boat runs and rides awesome with no hop...
Old 08-31-2008, 09:46 AM
Registered

JeppeU , the boat is in great shape we have just put new transome assemblys in her , we have only had it about 1 year and a half, upon replacing the assemblys we found some issues with the transome wood so we had the whole transome replaced by a very reputable fiberglass man. we had all the chrome work redone ,engines are stock 350 375 late model small blocks with stainless marine exhaust. most of the rigging is still original, but in good shape. if you have any questions you can call me 609 994 4034
Danny Crank
Old 09-01-2008, 01:28 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Mag27
h2o,are you saying all the Mags came with a hook or just some of them?I know Vixen has no hook an never did.I removed all the gell coat off her bottom an would have seen if anyone had been grinding on it.After our incident in Sarr.in 01 I put larger tabs on her an if I run with them at level with the bottom she will porpoise a little when you get on it,but the second you pull them up it lets the nose come up and she ru n great again.I do agree tabs do act like speed brakes but some times its a lot safer to use them.Not being a smart ass,just that Vixen is the only Mag I ever had anything to do with and am always open to more info. on other ones.Being from Mich. I'm sure you know more about Magnums then most guys on here.
Some Mags had more, or less. The story that Wally Harper [Li'l SMIDGEN than SPIRIT] told me his Magnum and my Mag that was the Damn Yankee, were left in the mold longer to lessen the hook. When I put a strait edge on she looked good. Mel your mag might be as good. Back around 1981 we all were trying to find ways to keep up with the Shadow cats. They took over APBA P & Modified classes, we would try anything to keep up with our Vee Hulls to no avail.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:11 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
HOTT NUTZ happens to belong to a very good friend of mine. Over the last 2 years the boat has been completely gone thru by the owner and a mechanic named Danny...Danny been wrenching on boats for some time and currently is at Kurts Marine in Bricktown NJ. He has worked as a rigger at Fountain, he worked for Joe Sgro's race team as well as a few others and currently races a cat named BANDIT RACING. I've ran HOTT NUTZ in Barnegat BAy and the boat runs and rides awesome with no hop...
The CHARGE IT now HOT NUTZ belonged to my neighbor Bob Kehrig. She was raced as a modified boat at around 80mph. With todays props and speeds 65 to 70mph she could very well run flat. But if you watch the 1981 Wyandotte Michigan race or any of the other race tapes from that time you will see what I mean. Sounds like she has had some needed work and should be fine.

Quick Reply: Info on Hot Nuts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.