1988 Magnum Marine (Starfire) for sale >

1988 Magnum Marine (Starfire) for sale

Notices

1988 Magnum Marine (Starfire) for sale

Old 12-24-2008, 11:02 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd like to see what this boat looks like also. Trying to figure out what you guys are talking about.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Curious as to where this reference Starfire Picture came from (who) - - Intrepid Hawk

Originally Posted by 24degrees
Just for reference...here is a 27 Starfire.

Old 10-03-2014, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its and old picture of a Michigan Starfire." H2O Boater" might know some history. "24 Degrees" has a really nice sport. You have a Starfire? if so, post a picture, not too many around. Here is another of High Times.
Attached Thumbnails 1988 Magnum Marine (Starfire) for sale-starfire-hightimes.jpg  
Old 10-04-2014, 10:42 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Intrepid Hawk
OSO member mikeb4 took these pic's. This Starfire was sold from Krause Marine here on Lake St Clair back in 1978 hull #378. This Mag was originally docked on the Black River next to Metro Beach park than moved to the Port Huron area. For some reason I cant find more of the pic's Mike had posted of her here on OSO. Mark
Old 10-05-2014, 12:09 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mark remember the guy out of Canada who claimed he had a Magnum Maltese, and got real upset with us on our comments about the boat he just acquired.It was real different and had a totally different deck. Do you think you can find those photos
Also back a while ago I did confirm with Harold at Magnum that Ted ,the owner of Magnum did indeed sell some old molds for production and sale in Canada only. Well you guessed it,he produced one and brought it to the Miami winter boat show, Ted saw it and he and his boat were out of there in a flash. That is where the Canadian Magnums are coming from and they have to carry a different HIN# .
Bud
Old 10-05-2014, 10:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Here are a few pic's of Canadian built Magnums. If I recall correctly I think I really upset that guy, eh !!!!!
Attached Thumbnails 1988 Magnum Marine (Starfire) for sale-mag-cc-%7E%7E60_3.jpg   1988 Magnum Marine (Starfire) for sale-mag-cc-27.jpg   1988 Magnum Marine (Starfire) for sale-mag-canada-3.jpg  

1988 Magnum Marine (Starfire) for sale-mag-canada-img002.jpg   1988 Magnum Marine (Starfire) for sale-mag-canada.jpg  
Old 10-06-2014, 12:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

Wonder how good (or bad) the canadian magnums were?.............When you think about anybody other than Magnum marine making there 27' hull you think about the clem boats a gamble sometimes on shoddy production materials...... but who produced the Canadian magnums?.........Were they individuals (or companies) that were known for quality production? .........or just people making buck on a knock off?
Old 10-06-2014, 08:53 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mark the bottom two are he ones I am talking about.Again Ted sold some old molds to some one in Canada. However they produced a totally different deck...see last photo.
The center counsel is another one of those Magnums and I think the other is a Clem Gem. Bud
Old 10-06-2014, 09:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by mr vinyl
Mark the bottom two are he ones I am talking about.Again Ted sold some old molds to some one in Canada. However they produced a totally different deck...see last photo.
The center counsel is another one of those Magnums and I think the other is a Clem Gem. Bud
Bud it's not a Klem it's the same hull as the white one just painted I did all the research on it years ago, I called on it when it was for sale in Ontario Canada.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any hulls in doubt you can always call Harold at the plant and ask him to research the HIN in their master book of original records. I do that every time I buy a Magnum and he can usually give you the original owners name and what dealer (if any) it went through.

Quick Reply: 1988 Magnum Marine (Starfire) for sale

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.