Notices

Fastest 27' Sport

Old 10-27-2009, 08:15 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Smarty
Mange,

I like you boat because it is fast, and it has that Magnum look. It is a shame that Magnum, doesn't upgrade the bottom to the efficient design you have and then start selling 27' Sports. That would be a desireable boat in today's market, I would like it.

JeffMan,

That boat looks great, and I think it would be great if you do break 90 mph, get er done.
It ran 86 on that engine with a bad tune up, and only turning around 4600 rpm's. The engine has been retuned on the dyno and has new heads. Pulls power through 6000 now.

Don't forget that my Magnum has a custom layed deck that is very thin and light and the guts pulled from the cabin area. THere is nothing up there except a couple braces to hold the deck up.

The bottom has been extensively blueprinted. It ran mid 70's with a 500HP engine running a prop that was to big. The previous owner has 625HP and ran 84 in it. We feel pretty confident that we will be getting there.

I have also built a flattened hatch for a better slip stream in the rear.

If not. I have 900HP sitting on the shelf for it.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
It ran 86 on that engine with a bad tune up, and only turning around 4600 rpm's. The engine has been retuned on the dyno and has new heads. Pulls power through 6000 now.

Don't forget that my Magnum has a custom layed deck that is very thin and light and the guts pulled from the cabin area. THere is nothing up there except a couple braces to hold the deck up.

The bottom has been extensively blueprinted. It ran mid 70's with a 500HP engine running a prop that was to big. The previous owner has 625HP and ran 84 in it. We feel pretty confident that we will be getting there.

I have also built a flattened hatch for a better slip stream in the rear.

If not. I have 900HP sitting on the shelf for it.
haha there yah go, we will have to start a BUILT BE 90 BUT RUN OVER 90, I bought johns 88 saber 28 and will put the DEAN GELLNER HITMAN MOTOR IN IT this winter. jef what did you end up with a prop shaft height I am shooting for 3 1/2 with the 8'' box on the konrad ace, I hope to break 100 this boat is all balsa cord 99% hull deck glassed too. it looks like gerries skater in side with all the coring . wish I order one back in 90. jeff love the paint it came out sweet. mange like the blue you added and forget OBs, later guys art