Looking for 28' Maltese "Conspiracy" >

Looking for 28' Maltese "Conspiracy"

Notices

Looking for 28' Maltese "Conspiracy"

Old 09-15-2009, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for 28' Maltese "Conspiracy"

My dad won the 1975 Production II national title in this boat, pictured in the foreground of my avatar. It was red and black and also raced part of the 1976 season in Modified class. We sold the boat to someone in the NE who I think raced it a couple of times and then may have crashed it. That is all I know. Thanks for the help.
Attached Thumbnails Looking for 28' Maltese "Conspiracy"-classics-7.jpg   Looking for 28' Maltese "Conspiracy"-baby-3.jpg  
Old 09-15-2009, 09:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Mike there was a rumor that this Maltese came from the east coast, this pic was from a 1979 race on Lake St Clair. This Mag belonged to Dave Feder, I will try to track this one down.
Attached Thumbnails Looking for 28' Maltese "Conspiracy"-race-sunup.jpg  
Old 09-16-2009, 08:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Mike there was a rumor that this Maltese came from the east coast, this pic was from a 1979 race on Lake St Clair. This Mag belonged to Dave Feder, I will try to track this one down.
Thanks. That one is obviously different from the Conspiracy - boot and deck stripes, interior - but I have no idea whether there were any changes made after it crashed. I have a terrible feeling the boat went to the junk yard after the accident but hopefully someone knows where it is.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

-------Mark,,,What do we know about the history of Bobby Sheers new Maltese toy prior to the M-words getting there hands on it??? Would be interesting to find out. I seem to remember some mention of it coming from back east........Mr.Bill
Old 09-16-2009, 04:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by olredalert
-------Mark,,,What do we know about the history of Bobby Sheers new Maltese toy prior to the M-words getting there hands on it??? Would be interesting to find out. I seem to remember some mention of it coming from back east........Mr.Bill
As the story goes, She belonged to a New Jersey window washer, out east. The original color was yellow & white, with 270 Volvo drives. He lost the boat & the M people bought it. They found a money backer and the rest is history.
Attached Thumbnails Looking for 28' Maltese "Conspiracy"-magnum17.jpg   Looking for 28' Maltese "Conspiracy"-magnum%2520004.jpg  
Old 09-16-2009, 04:20 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Mike A.
Thanks. That one is obviously different from the Conspiracy - boot and deck stripes, interior - but I have no idea whether there were any changes made after it crashed. I have a terrible feeling the boat went to the junk yard after the accident but hopefully someone knows where it is.
If my memory is coerect this one also came apart, & was cut up...
Old 09-16-2009, 08:00 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Bobby Sheer's Boat

Spoke from the owner,boat did come from New Jersey...H2O is correct again. Bud
Old 09-18-2009, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 201 Likes on 80 Posts

Mike.....what about trying to find this Conspiracy in case the Magnum is gone forever?

You could always start with Daddy Cool as a base and start your resto there.

This is exactly the reason we started HORBA. We hate to find out that the old race boats are being cut up and disposed of, when we see the great job that restorers can do today.....look at the tremendous resto on the Bertram 38 that was just sold....first class.
Attached Thumbnails Looking for 28' Maltese "Conspiracy"-spirit0008a.jpg   Looking for 28' Maltese "Conspiracy"-26408_2.jpg  
Old 09-18-2009, 07:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Mike.....what about trying to find this Conspiracy in case the Magnum is gone forever?

You could always start with Daddy Cool as a base and start your resto there.

This is exactly the reason we started HORBA. We hate to find out that the old race boats are being cut up and disposed of, when we see the great job that restorers can do today.....look at the tremendous resto on the Bertram 38 that was just sold....first class.
Actually, with the help of others on OSO we found the 35' Cigarette "Conspiracy". It is owned by the Dunsmore family out West and they still run it in ski races. The boat looks as beautiful today as it did 30 years ago. I would love to buy it back as a present for my dad!
Attached Thumbnails Looking for 28' Maltese "Conspiracy"-19.jpg   Looking for 28' Maltese "Conspiracy"-1780catalinaskirace2006.jpg  
Old 09-18-2009, 08:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by h2oboater
I found out this red Maltese belonged to the late Gary Stuewe, so it'e not yours Mike. And this Magnum also appeared in Pro Motor Engineering ads back in the day... And on more pic of her.
Attached Thumbnails Looking for 28' Maltese "Conspiracy"-mag-maltese-589.jpg  

Last edited by h2oboater; 09-18-2009 at 08:34 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.