Relaunched after 14 years! >

Relaunched after 14 years!

Notices

Relaunched after 14 years!

Old 10-02-2009, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Relaunched after 14 years!

Some of you might recall the Magnum 27 on Ebay "Sudden Impulse" that I acquired in October 2008.

After an extensive amount of work I relaunched the boat last weekend. I needed to run her atleast once before winter just to know what else was going to be needed.

We replaced every hose, rebuilt and refinished two Volvo drives, removed the engines and replaced lots of stuff, freeze plugs, rebuilt the carbs, oil pan gaskets etc. Installed a set of Bennett tabs, repaired the upholstery which was thoroughly chewed up, rechromed all the deck hardware, removed the name and a bit more.

I have lots left to do, including building two new engines.

Attached are a few images, she's no where close to complete! The bottom had 5+ coats of brushed graphite paint, this will be Petit ViVid white as the boat will hang on a mooring all summer, with a red water line. The deck will be restored to the wood insert. I'm building a new Vee windshield but only 1/2 as tall as the original and from 1 piece of Lexan.

Mario L.
Attached Thumbnails Relaunched after 14 years!-dscf1053.jpg   Relaunched after 14 years!-dscf1054.jpg   Relaunched after 14 years!-dscf1057.jpg  

Relaunched after 14 years!-dscf1055.jpg  
Old 10-02-2009, 09:56 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

wow, that is schweeet!
Old 10-03-2009, 07:09 AM
Registered

very nice.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:55 PM
Registered

Did I read this correctly? You went through all that work, BEAUTIFUL job by the way, then bottom painted the hull and are going to leave the boat int he water on a morring for summer rather than putting it on a lift or trailer? Please don't...
Old 10-03-2009, 09:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by aTX427
Did I read this correctly? You went through all that work, BEAUTIFUL job by the way, then bottom painted the hull and are going to leave the boat int he water on a morring for summer rather than putting it on a lift or trailer? Please don't...

The boat came to me with 5 + layers of graphite bottom paint, most of which I have power washed off. From here I'll strip the bottom, do some repairs on scratches and some fairing, then coat the bottom in West Epoxy before HVLP application of Petit ViVid White. This is a self ablative paint. The boat will hang on a mooring in clean fresh water.

I've done this with every boat I've owned except my Donzi Corsican. None of the boats have ever suffered for being in fresh water.

I can't have a lift for it where I have my mooring, trailering it is too much work for the amount the boat will be used, and my mooring is free!
Old 10-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Something about its sleek design just makes it look COOL.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

May you go straight to heaven! Beautiful job!!
Old 11-29-2009, 03:51 PM
Registered

Great job Graet Thread
Old 12-06-2009, 09:29 PM
Registered

thanks guys for the kind words!

heaven will need to wait, this boat needs two engines first . .

Right now I'm looking into which set up 383s I'll build, and where to find the $$$
plan is for 450-475 HP and 6k rpm , nose cones on the Volvos and new props . .

Does anyone still make the shafts to run Merc fitment props on a Volvo?

This coming weekend I plan to work more on the vee winshield . . it's winter here in NH now with snow and every time I have to work on it I'll need to uncover it and move it indoors . . PIA
Old 12-06-2009, 10:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Mario L.
thanks guys for the kind words!

heaven will need to wait, this boat needs two engines first . .

Right now I'm looking into which set up 383s I'll build, and where to find the $$$
plan is for 450-475 HP and 6k rpm , nose cones on the Volvos and new props . .

Does anyone still make the shafts to run Merc fitment props on a Volvo?

This coming weekend I plan to work more on the vee winshield . . it's winter here in NH now with snow and every time I have to work on it I'll need to uncover it and move it indoors . . PIA
[Shafts, trim tabs, water pickup's, & more] Sad to say when they cleaned out the Wolverine marine warehouse here in the Detroit area last year, they took most of the old school parts to the dump.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.