Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Perfect boat

I agree with Mark,keep it original and don't sell it. Bud
Old 01-22-2010, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Maltese has the number 22 in magic marker under the seats, behind the dash and on all the paperwork. My hull ID number is mag280220374.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by McReaPoint
Very amusing all comments... The windscreen & bow rail on the boat was designed by my father and Don Aronow had them put on to his specs. He also had separate gear shift and throttle handles (is that what they are called put on her) The boat has been mine since 1980 and I have maintained the original engines Ford Holman/Moody engines and Volvo outdrives because I have been lucky enough to be able to exchange only parts and never had to replace entire units. Probably due to the fact that the boat is treated like a princess ! I am not going to sell her - mostly because I am not sure I could EVER actually part with her but was asked by a friend who was interested in buying her what the price might be if I did. Quite honestly if all I could get would be mid 20'sK that is not going to happen. Could never replace her for that kind of $$ ! So happily for me she is not for sale unless of course the price were right but it would have to be a hell of allot higher then that to part with her. Thank you for the tip on the insurance company. My homeowners insurance in the 1000 Islands told me she was to over powered to have on the policy ! Sounds daft !!
The boat is hauled on the St. Lawrence for the winter and I am in England for the winter so I can't come up with a hull number but I know she was a pretty early in the production line. She might even have been built in 1968 and Dad took delivery in 69. Somewhere at the island I have the original bill of sale from Don Aronow to my father. That is probably worth more then the boat ! I can't remember but I think the price was $12k ?? Will will look for a hull number both on the boat and on the bill of sale once spring comes and I return to the St. Lawrence ! If you guys do the Canadian Poker run up there you go right by my house!
What part of England? What year did Don sell Magnum?

Jeff
Old 01-23-2010, 10:30 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 01-24-2010, 08:57 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Don sold magnum to Thoedoli in 1976.
We took delivery of the last magnum don sold.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:28 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So Don started Magnum in '65 then sold to APECO in '68,
Then Thoedoli in '75?

Jeff
Old 01-25-2010, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hallj
What part of England? What year did Don sell Magnum?

Jeff
I live in Old Alresford Hampshire but always summer on Grindstone Island
Old 01-25-2010, 02:59 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Magnum History

Don bought back Magnum from Apeco and shortly after 6 ??? months sold it to Thoedoli. Bud
Old 01-26-2010, 01:30 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Just double checked... our 38 was ordered just after the miami show in 1976... and took delivery around May.
Don owned the company that entire time.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:16 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,071 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by wideawake
Please refrain from dissing MOM (Messiah of Magnums). as he is having a rough winter. Why he informed me, just the other day, that the weather is SO depressing, that he has no desire to even go to clubs, see women or persue his goals in life. I have invited him to come to Ft. Laud., and partake in a higher level of knowledge of precious metals, ie. pure platinum, solid gold, exquisite diamonds in hopes this will lift him out of his funk. Stay tuned for updates.
Ill send Bear and Joe down to supervise

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.