Notices

poweder keg for sale

Old 01-27-2010, 11:31 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Jeff here you go.
Jeff/Mark

They were the same orange cast manifolds that were on my 27 Sport when i first got it, then I re-did the motors into 355s with other upgrades and got the Scorpion manifolds and ran the tail pipes on a down ward angle thru the transom.

i went with fairly low scoops on the hatch. once all the glass work was done, we re-painted the entire Sport. hulls sides and deck. Roger also re did the bottom and remove the hook.
Went with new steering and K planes then final all new wiring and lines. dropped the front of the cock pit floor 7 inches and new interior with a new 3 man bolster(Biltrite) set up with drop sets

thank you
Jim
Old 01-27-2010, 11:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mario L.
You all have me thinking . . .

Rework the drive openings to gain 2" . . . .

My hatch is an easy inch thick, and my flame arrestors are 2+ inches taller than the carbs . . I can thin out the hatch and eliminate the core in the engine area, and crown it an inch to gain 2" . . .

This won't destroy the visuals, and provide the sunpad for my wife

Now to figure out the other 2" . . .
Mario

You can check out this set up out and keep the sun pad also,
just raise the whole hatch area.

http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/5612

Thank you
Jim
Old 01-28-2010, 12:01 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by dammmagnum
Bud
I think Magnum changed to the half raised hatch when they started to put the Merc 280 packages in the Sports and need the extra height of the half raised hatch for the risers on the Merc exhausts.
I've seen where the entire flat hatch was raised above the rear deck using an insert on the deck in the engine opening area The Sport that been for sale "Hot Nuts is done that way.
Thank you
Jim
Jim, Hot Nuts is the old CHARGE IT race Mag of Iron Head here on OSO. Wally Harper made the first race hatch for his Lil SMIDGEN Mag. When I put the back seat back in my sport [P-88] I cut the race hatch down so I could have a sun pad for the wife. When I sold it the full hatch went back on to race again.
Attached Thumbnails poweder keg for sale-mag-charg.jpg   poweder keg for sale-mag-p-88-l.jpg   poweder keg for sale-hot-nuts.jpg  

poweder keg for sale-mag-racing-again.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 01-28-2010, 12:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by dammmagnum
Jeff/Mark

They were the same orange cast manifolds that were on my 27 Sport when i first got it, then I re-did the motors into 355s with other upgrades and got the Scorpion manifolds and ran the tail pipes on a down ward angle thru the transom.

i went with fairly low scoops on the hatch. once all the glass work was done, we re-painted the entire Sport. hulls sides and deck. Roger also re did the bottom and remove the hook.
Went with new steering and K planes then final all new wiring and lines. dropped the front of the cock pit floor 7 inches and new interior with a new 3 man bolster(Biltrite) set up with drop sets

thank you
Jim
If you had a Mag from the Detroit area in the late 70's you had to have the Crusader manifolds & dry pipes, & a race hatch, all the Lake St Clair Mags had them.
Attached Thumbnails poweder keg for sale-klmagnumlaunch1-1.jpg   poweder keg for sale-mag-live-b.jpg   poweder keg for sale-mag-short-s_0384.jpg  

Attached Images  
Old 01-28-2010, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hallj
Mario,

I have pics of this exact mod. What's your E-mail?

Jeff
Jeff,

my email:

[email protected]

Thank you!!
Old 01-28-2010, 11:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by h2oboater
If you had a Mag from the Detroit area in the late 70's you had to have the Crusader manifolds & dry pipes, & a race hatch, all the Lake St Clair Mags had them.
Mark,
I picked my Sport up from a guy in Maitland Fla( Pete Sherman). that raced Cam Am cars for a while and then was dealing in exotic cars and planes. Not sure if he was the first one to race it. He put the cast manifolds on it and tosed out the Scorpion manifolds.
The lower LSC race hatches were pretty nice as they really didn't interupt the rear design of the Sports that much and allowed you to run the tail pipes over the transoms. I remember "Charge it", Wally and a few other Magnums racing in NJ and NY in the 70s and also talked with Bob from Kristyl Lady during one of the Guy Lumbardo races in NY about Magnum Sports. I also got a set of speed master type lowers for a Volvo that the guys from Mich made, they were smaller in size then the Volvo speedies. Most of the hot Magnums came from the Mich are at that time.
Thank you
Jim
Old 01-29-2010, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeff. I too am interested in the pics you have of the drives having been raised as my drives are the Volvo Penta 270s and I am remodeling "The Boss" a Magnum 27. Thanks, Delta5 [email][email protected]
Old 01-30-2010, 09:06 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Boss Pictures

Drex did you ever get new photos on the Boss ? Bud

Last edited by mr vinyl; 01-30-2010 at 09:09 AM.