unless this happens:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/m...gnum-27-a.html
Old 04-07-2010, 09:09 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMSFX1Vb3xQ

I can't be the only one that searched youtube for the viedo after reading this thread
This is but a lady on the deck of a Magnum Sedan, . love those 80's videos.
Attached Thumbnails Keep the 351's or go chevy?-mag-sedan-h-l-1.bmp  
Old 04-07-2010, 10:27 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good Point Mario!

Jeff
Old 04-07-2010, 10:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford or Chevy?

Originally Posted by Crallscars
I am new to your forum,
I have the Magnam Sedan that was used in Huey Lewis & the News "I Got A New Drug' video way back when.

We are starting the restoration planning and I am not sure about keeping the Ford's and changing to 350 Chevy's.

Whats the groups opinion?

Doug
Hi Doug,

I am new to the forum too. I have a 1971 Magnum 27 Sedan which has been in the family since the late '70's. In the late 80's my father replaced the original Ford H&M engines with Ford Commander 255HP with uprated exhausts at the recomendation of Magnum at that time. I have fully refurbished the boat over the last couple of years and I am currently fitting 325HP Mercruiser 357 Mag Bravo engines coupled with Bravo 3 outdrives and I am fitting Stainless steel manifolds & mufflers from Hi-Tek Marine in Australia. Works should be finished in about 6 weeks so I will be able to tell you then if it was worth it!!

Iain
Old 04-07-2010, 12:02 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Irish Iain
Hi Doug,

I am new to the forum too. I have a 1971 Magnum 27 Sedan which has been in the family since the late '70's. In the late 80's my father replaced the original Ford H&M engines with Ford Commander 255HP with uprated exhausts at the recomendation of Magnum at that time. I have fully refurbished the boat over the last couple of years and I am currently fitting 325HP Mercruiser 357 Mag Bravo engines coupled with Bravo 3 outdrives and I am fitting Stainless steel manifolds & mufflers from Hi-Tek Marine in Australia. Works should be finished in about 6 weeks so I will be able to tell you then if it was worth it!!

Iain
It's always worth it keeping these old girls running, no matter how you power them. As of late it's great to see that Sedans are making there place known in the Magnum world.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by h2oboater
This is but a lady on the deck of a Magnum Sedan, . love those 80's videos.
Yep thats one of the pictures of my boat. And yes I have checked the deck and cabin, the model has left the boat!
Old 04-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Irish Iain
Hi Doug,

Iain
Nice too see more 27 Magnums in Europe! Great choice with the Hi-Tek Marine manifolds I have heard only good things about them. I even spoke to the owner of Hi-Tek in Australia, Allen, and he claimed his manifolds gave the same power increase as CMI!
Old 04-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default Seat #

I have a Fl. title showing my Mag as being built in 1972,but the seat # say 23.So is it hull #23 built in 1972 or the 23rd hull built. Mel