Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Damn Magnum 27'

Registered
    My Boats:
    2000 Concept 22

Damn Magnum 27'

Anyone remember a 27' running out of Boston Harbor in the early 80's called "Damn Magnum"? It was yellow with an orange windshiled, Volvo drives and exhaust pipes that came out and over the transom. Was one of the loudest boats I've ever heard. Would love to see pics if anyone has any.

Platinum Member Platinum Member Mario L.'s Avatar
    My Boats:
    1968 Magnum 27
    I own a 1968 Magnum that was yellow when new, ran in the Boston area, but had a Vee Windshield, and is very loud, but no pipes over the transom, it has four 4" large tailpipes and Volvo drives.

This boat is now black and I have no idea what could be hidden under the Imron . .
    Mario L.

1968 Magnum 27

Registered
    My Boats:
    2000 Concept 22
    Mario-

Not sure what year the "Damn Magnum" was. It was owned by a Eric Jackson who raced several different offshore raceboats. It had a white interior if I remember right with pedestal seats and had big headers like you might see on a lake dragboat coming up and over the transom. Unbelievably loud. Just wondering where it might be today? any pics of yours that you could post?
    Matt

My Boats:
    1988 banana - Sold, 1993 banana - Sold, 1979 banana - Building, 1978 banana - Building, 1972 Cigarette 20 - Sold, 1997 Scarab Sprint - Sold, 1985 Jaguar Stepped Cat, Gaff-Rigged Schooner
    My friend had a blue one in Boston, but it's a sedan model.
    Last edited by Air Dog; 06-07-2010 at 09:05 PM.

Registered
    Don't remember seeing that one. There used to be 2 that would come to the Vineyard during the summer from Fall River and Cranston. Yellow one named Hot Ship and red one named Wildfire.

Registered
    My Boats:
    1973 Magnum Sedan 27'O/B
    fobes, Do you remember what model it was ? "HIGH LIFE"

Registered
    My Boats:
    2000 Concept 22
    High Life- it was a 27', not the Starfire model. It was yellow and had over the transom header type exhaust, very loud.