Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Magnum Marine
Looking for info/feedback on older & larger Magnums. >

Looking for info/feedback on older & larger Magnums.

Notices

Looking for info/feedback on older & larger Magnums.

Old 10-13-2010, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Looking for info/feedback on older & larger Magnums.

I will put this in the general discussion, classic and Magnum forums for exposure. Would very much appreciate experiences from those that have owned them, run them, maintained them and overnighted on them. What did you like? What did you dislike? Specifically the 40 and 45 models, but I have seen some restored 38's that looked interesting. The 53 looks like the best layout, but I just don't see myself handling it solo by any stretch of the imagination. Arnesons would be the preference, but curious about the inboard versions as well.
Model years can be anywhere up to the early 1990's. My wife and 2 boys would be the primary users, but the idea of the kids having some friends tag along, or another couple would be something I would like to account for as well.

If you can think of other sites that have forums that would good resources, that would be great too.

Thanks in advance guys.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default larger magnums

There is a 53 indboard for sale in miami that is a twin dd v8 inboard. Excellent condition and can be had for 200K. It is easily the best buy on the market and has a bow thruster. It can be managed by one person without difficulty. It is named the Falcon but I am not sure who has it listed. Ask magnum Marine. They should know. It is only about one mile from the factory.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a 40 @ Cap't O'Connells I think in Fall River...short money. "HIGH LIFE"
Old 10-19-2010, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks guys. Looking for some previous or present owner feedback at the moment. Was hoping some owners of 28's might have moved up into one (or downsized) and would chime in.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:23 AM
Registered

damdonzi, I had a 35' MAGNUM for 5 yrs. and ran it alone many times. Performance exceeded my expectations ! I would live on it for a week at a time, live near Boston and would cruise to the Cape & islands for a weekend , no problem. Cell # 781-844-8082 Michael "HIGH LIFE"
Old 11-18-2010, 07:05 AM
Registered

To my knowledge the 35, and 38 where not available from factory with Surface drives. The 40 which is the same hull extended was available with SDs.
Rumour has it that the best seakeeping on this similar hulled Magnums is the 38.
Heard also super reviews to what concerns the 45.
The 53 is then on a league of its own to what concerns seakeeping.