Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Registered

Info on a 1975 38sf??

I am looking at a 38sf that looks like a pretty decent buy. IT has twin diesels, and a huge tuna tower. It has what looks like a diesel generator in it, but it is not clear if it runs.

Is there any kind a database for these boats? It is a turquoise and white boat from Florida.

Thanks guys.

Registered
    My Boats:
    28' Bertram, 24' Python (gone), 22' Velocity, 20' Sea Ox
    What kind of Sportfisher is it? You can go to sportfisherman.com or thehulltruth.com and they deal mostly with fishing boats and can help. Theres alot to look at on these boats before you spend any money. Unless you are familiar with how the boat is made whether it be a production boat, a cold mold, or plank on frame you will need a surveyor familiar with this type of boat. A 38 is a good size that can be ran by 1 or 2 people but still take on plenty of water. I helped a buddy bring a 38 down from NY to NC this spring and it was a fun trip. His boat was a Florida built boat off a Merritt design.

Registered
    It is a Magnum Marine 38ft Sportfisher. I cannot find a lot of information on the sportfisher models. There are a couple listed on the M.M. website for sale, but they are in very differing states of repair. Any information or links would be great.

Registered
    My Boats:
    1998 Formula 280SS
    Led-the bigger magnums had pretty good reputations. I second the suggestion to check on thehulltruth.com a big fishing boat site and someone there will have some info. I think they are old school cool looking. A detailed hull and engine survey is a must.

Registered
    thanks glenn

Here is a picture of hte boat.

Registered
    My Boats:
    1973 Magnum Sedan 27'O/B
    I had a 35' MAGNUM ( 95-2000) twin 400 H.P. Cyclones cruised @28 mph tops @ 39 gps , boat was a WAVE CRUSHER ! Does this boat have a full teak cockpit floor ? Top Banana had a 38 in R.I. some time ago. What do you need to know ? Michael "HIGH LIFE"