Engine removal Sport >

Engine removal Sport

Notices

Engine removal Sport

Old 06-16-2011, 05:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine removal Sport

Did anyone pull the engines on a sport without removing the sofa or separating them from the gearbox?

We can't get them out, once pulled out of the gimbal they get stuck under the back rest of the rear sofa. Maybe if I remove the water pump I can squeeze them out.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeppe
Did anyone pull the engines on a sport without removing the sofa or separating them from the gearbox?

We can't get them out, once pulled out of the gimbal they get stuck under the back rest of the rear sofa. Maybe if I remove the water pump I can squeeze them out.
Tilt and turn it,,, they will come out. My new sport has the top of the back seat hinged so it tilts forward, makes it much easer.
Attached Thumbnails Engine removal Sport-magnum-florida-h2o-018.jpg  
Old 06-16-2011, 08:09 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Hinged rear seat

Definitely hinge the rear seat forward,we always take out the seat when we work on the engines,just a lot easier.See attached photo. Bud
Attached Thumbnails Engine removal Sport-47-1-.jpg  

Last edited by mr vinyl; 06-16-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:22 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

Wouldn't hinging the bench seat create a negative structural loss?.......I mean, the bench seat on my sport backs right to (what appears to be) an engine wall bulkhead.......is it not necessary?
Old 06-17-2011, 08:47 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Back seat

Scippy,attached are some additional photos.You can see how the seat is hinged from the front so you can access pumps,batteries.There is a structural wall/stringer however it is usually lower so you can have easier access to the engine compartment. Bud
Attached Thumbnails Engine removal Sport-6.jpg   Engine removal Sport-img_0289.jpg   Engine removal Sport-img_0308.jpg  

Old 06-17-2011, 05:08 PM
Registered

Folding the back seat is cheating. :-)

I'm not big on working with plastics and rebuilding the rear sofa wont happen this season or the next but maybe some day. I'll remove the water pump after summer and try it again.

Mark, it looks like you have a cross over without bypass, do you know yet what temperature you are running? Mine feels a bit to cold so I'm changing to a 160 degree stat.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:09 PM
Registered

Remove the back seat? You haven't lived until you have stood on your head throught the back seat storage hole to remove the motor mount bolts.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by tfalk
Remove the back seat? You haven't lived until you have stood on your head throught the back seat storage hole to remove the motor mount bolts.
That's funny!!
Old 06-17-2011, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Tilt and turn it,,, they will come out. My new sport has the top of the back seat hinged so it tilts forward, makes it much easer.
With a Volvo setup mine come out fairly easy with a little tilting and turning., My back seat was fixed in place.

Thank you
Jim
Old 06-18-2011, 05:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tfalk
I actually put my shoulders on the valvecovers and stuck my head down between the engines so I could reach the bottom bolt on the engine mount plate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.