single or twins for a 28 magnum >

single or twins for a 28 magnum

Notices

single or twins for a 28 magnum

Old 10-15-2011, 07:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Bud we talked about this one back in 2008, looks like they built a 24' hull too. http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/m...cigarette.html
Attached Thumbnails single or twins for a 28 magnum-mag-canada-img00112.jpg  
Old 10-16-2011, 12:23 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Sutphil
For the most part the licensing agreements pre-dated free trade. Duty on boats was 15%, federal sales tax was 10%, provincial sales tax might have been 5-7% and exchange rates ran about 20%, so purchasing a US made boat was an expensive proposition. To sell boats, manufacturers had to look for ways around the barriers that existed at that time.
OK, I could understand the whole tax thing-am-a-jig, but why would Magnum marine go to the extra expense of re-tooling the deck of the 28'............the Canadian 28' looks nothing like the U.S. 28' whether it be the Maltese or Starfire....The deep V hull does looks simmular, but then again, it has always been copied or splashed through the years.....my point is, a knockoff co. would have to atleast change the deck some what to fly under the wire where as MM would not.........I have no facts, so i'm probably wrong again
Old 10-16-2011, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
I you plug this hull number [ qmcb0102l788] into this U.S. Coast Guard site it has no info. It wasn't built in the U.S.A. ...
http://www.uscgboating.org/recalls/m...2l788&sort=mic
Now if you plug in Mag you get this.
http://www.uscgboating.org/recalls/m...c=Mag&sort=mic
Try QMC or ZNR or put Magnum Marine in the company field. This will provide you some additional information.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:17 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

This hull could have been a Magnum they had on the drawing board that they never came out with. Back in the 80's Magnum was more interested in building yachts.
Having a little inside info from Magnum about all the problems they have had with the new 27' sport I can see why this hull design did not come out of Florida.
Here are some newer post on the new Mag, GTMM.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...toms-gtmm.html

http://speedonthewater.com/new-boats...-for-gtmm.html
Old 10-16-2011, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That Black Widow boat looks like a Pantera paint job. Anyone know the racing history of that boat?
Old 10-16-2011, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please enlarge the information sheet that was posted and please read the bottom line before making any judgements. Mine does start with a Q--sorry Bud This definitly would not be registered in the USA-that would bring about 100 more questions as it was built in Canada.The deck is definitly different but the bottom is all Jim Wynne.. I guess I shouldn't tell you that I am building a small bowrider section for it. Glasswork and engineering are my specialties. Ok now all the Magnum purists can shoot me . Sorry, I have a big family and a five seater won't do. I prefer to live my life with my families happiness in mind-life is alot better that way. Thanks for the help. I will be running a big block single.
Jim

Last edited by jamesslade; 10-17-2011 at 09:03 AM. Reason: error
Old 10-16-2011, 03:44 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Canadian Magnum

Jim don't get us wrong,yes we are purist but we are not negating your find.Many copies were made and some were sold as MAGNUMS which was dishonest,also most were not built with integrity. We look forward to your build,keep the pictures coming and look toward it's completion. I would like to see how the control,dash pod looks on the deck. What is the other fiberglass part that is in the boat.

I will let you know what Magnum says. Bud
Old 10-16-2011, 08:28 PM
Registered

Thanks for your help, i will post updates
Old 10-16-2011, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Research Jim Wynne and Magnum Marine Canada.
Drawings exist with Wynne Marine and Magnum Marine Canada.
This could be one of them.

Jeff
Old 10-17-2011, 05:05 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Jim,good to see your going single.Love my single Mag,should be a snap to put one in your Mag.Go at least a 502 500,best big blk motor GM made.I went single with a stock used 502 before we got the crazy idea to go raceing,an had no trouble getting 70 with 4 in the boat.If theres anything you need to know on installatin just ask,an its your boat do it your way. MEL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.