magnum 27 -wanted >

magnum 27 -wanted

Notices

magnum 27 -wanted

Old 12-26-2011, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default magnum 27 -wanted

I am looking to get out of fishing and purchasing a Magnum 27 sedan. Lets hear why all of you magnum 27 owners chose this boat. I boat in the waters of the east end of long island ny, Gardiners bay The waters here are shallow and get very tight closley stacked waves when the wind is blowing. Will the magnum be a good choice for these conditions? I have owned formula 233, albemarle 24, blackfin 25, bertram 25-26 so familar with the smaller deep v ride. Is the magnum much better than the ones I listed?I have never taken a ride on a magnum 27 , just love the old school look.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:51 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by captrod28
I am looking to get out of fishing and purchasing a Magnum 27 sedan. Lets hear why all of you magnum 27 owners chose this boat. I boat in the waters of the east end of long island ny, Gardiners bay The waters here are shallow and get very tight closley stacked waves when the wind is blowing. Will the magnum be a good choice for these conditions? I have owned formula 233, albemarle 24, blackfin 25, bertram 25-26 so familar with the smaller deep v ride. Is the magnum much better than the ones I listed?I have never taken a ride on a magnum 27 , just love the old school look.
Find one you like, have the owner take you for a ride, make an offer. I am biased. I love 27' Magnum, my father had one for 18/19 years, and every Sunday it was a father son event to go boating in the Magnum, look for races, cruise, ect. We boated many years in the Ocean off of Atlantic City, Margate, then the later years was the northern Chesapeake, which had many boat wakes. The Magnum handled the water great.

I think once you go for a ride in a 27' Magnum you will be hooked. Here is my father driving about 1990/1991 at 81 mph via a radar shoot-out on Barnegat Bay, NJ. Loved that boat!
Attached Thumbnails magnum 27 -wanted-my-father.jpg  
Old 12-27-2011, 11:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

Smarty,

I agree with your advise. If you can find one ready to water test, by all means you won't be disapointed in the 27.
The picture of "hairy canary" is a familiar shot, but I can't place it now........The running surface is dialed in beautifully with just enouigh air beneath the hull........what was your father running in her?.............is the boat still in the family? ........really dig the hairy canary!
Old 12-28-2011, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Pete (Scippy),
I don't know if the boat is still in Smarty's family, but the boat is on Princeton Ave. in Brick NJ,-near the Beaver Dam Bridge.
Bob
Old 12-28-2011, 08:57 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

No, my father sold the boat, I think around 2005/2006. He had it for 18 or 19 years, it was apart when he bought it (no engines, needed and interior, he raised the X-dimension, general re-rigging, blue-printed the bottom) Had a set of LS-7 (454 cu.in) BBC, 10.5 compression, spun 27" labbed Mirage props.

I miss that boat. My late father (he passed away in 2008) left the Phantom in the family, which is a nice boat, and is very fast/efficient for the power, but that Magnum looked and sounded great and was fun to drive.

And, I just got a Christmas card yesterday from Magnum, which is very nice.

The owner does live on Princeton Ave., he is a very nice guy, and I am glad he bought it, because he truly wanted it.[/

Last edited by Smarty; 12-28-2011 at 06:17 PM. Reason: grammar/spelling error
Old 12-28-2011, 04:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Smarty,

It's great the boat ended up with someone who really enjoys it now.......must have been so satisfying for your father to enjoy his "build from stratch" magnum sport 27.......(in the picture) he certainly looks exalted by the boats performance at the helm.
Bob,

Like to see it up close.........is it possible to see it from the street on Princeton?...........maybe I can come out and pick up the teak dash cover and get to see the boat as well....pm me with better info......................"Happy new year to all"
Old 12-28-2011, 06:16 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by scippy
Smarty,

It's great the boat ended up with someone who really enjoys it now.......must have been so satisfying for your father to enjoy his "build from stratch" magnum sport 27.......(in the picture) he certainly looks exalted by the boats performance at the helm.
Bob,

Like to see it up close.........is it possible to see it from the street on Princeton?...........maybe I can come out and pick up the teak dash cover and get to see the boat as well....pm me with better info......................"Happy new year to all"
Check your PM

Stephen
Old 12-28-2011, 08:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Smarty,
Really enjoyed the pictures...............thanks for the PM
Old 12-31-2011, 04:44 PM
Registered

wow, this board is slow. no one cares to share why they love their magnum 27s so much over others!
Old 01-09-2012, 06:29 AM
Registered

Did you decide on a Magnum yet?

My friend has a very nice Magnum Sedan on an Aluminum trailer that he will let go for short $$$.

It's Blue and White.

Shoot me an email, I have a bunch of pictures of it.

[email protected]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.