Rebuilding a 27 Sedan >

Rebuilding a 27 Sedan

Notices

Rebuilding a 27 Sedan

Old 03-11-2012, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mr vinyl
Post a picture of the pickup...some one may have one. On the parts just keep them,there will be a request down the line for them. NEVER<<<NEVER <<< get rid of parts. Bud
Here are 2 early pictures of the pickup. Yea I never get rid of parts. I have 5 vintage volvo's from the '60's & a shed full of parts, big & small. They all have value or someone will need them ....
Attached Thumbnails Rebuilding a 27 Sedan-dscn0563.jpg   Rebuilding a 27 Sedan-dscn0564.jpg  
Old 03-19-2012, 03:51 PM
Registered

Pictures from the weekend.
Painted with Rustolium & Valspar hardner. Going to do the same in cabin wells under cushions, around head, & in anchor locker.
Attached Thumbnails Rebuilding a 27 Sedan-img_1286.jpg   Rebuilding a 27 Sedan-img_1280.jpg   Rebuilding a 27 Sedan-img_1279.jpg  

Rebuilding a 27 Sedan-img_1287.jpg  
Old 03-19-2012, 04:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

When I redid my sedan I eliminated the extra cooling pickups and just went with the Bravo intakes.
fewer holes in the new transom. Keep the progress pics coming.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 27sedan
When I redid my sedan I eliminated the extra cooling pickups and just went with the Bravo intakes.
fewer holes in the new transom. Keep the progress pics coming.
I've been thinking the same. Still talking to Merc folks.

Today I found a local company to reproduce the cabin door I need & another local to redo the windshield (in glass) & the cabin windows. I will post after they complete the jobs.

What anchor are you using? Also trying to source the original compass to fill the whole I have where one was?
Old 03-20-2012, 01:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Mine didn't come with an anchor locker on the bow. it just has a hawse pipe for the rode. I never use it. I just have a danforth that I carry in the cabin. Mine didn't come with a rail, either. I'm having my cabin windows resealed and the green plexi replaced with a dark tint instead. I also moved the batteries out of the enginge compartment and put them under the back seat. It makes engine access easier.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 27sedan
Mine didn't come with an anchor locker on the bow. it just has a hawse pipe for the rode. I never use it. I just have a danforth that I carry in the cabin. Mine didn't come with a rail, either. I'm having my cabin windows resealed and the green plexi replaced with a dark tint instead. I also moved the batteries out of the enginge compartment and put them under the back seat. It makes engine access easier.
Thanks for tip on moving the batteries. Is there room for closed cooling? I would prefer that seeing it will be used in salt water.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I don't know if there is room for fresh water cooling, I'm not familiar with the plumbing. On my sedan, however, the original owner cut the engine cover in half, raised it a couple of inches, and hinged it from the sides. In addition to giving more room to raise the engines/drives, it makes it easier to work on everything from the cockpit or the stern. I also added additional stringers below the engines. I was having a cracking problem on the starboard side. I also recommend looking at the hull/deck joint. I removed the rubrail, took out all the screws, removed all the dried up old caulking and resealed everything with 3M 5200. I think the failure of this joint contributed to the tragic accident that killed former OSO member High Life, another sedan fanatic.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:45 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Deck changes to the Sedan Mag over the years. There are one's with short windshield like this blue one. Then there are the long windshields like most have. Than this last change was to the rear deck to accommodate the big block engines like a Starfire.
Attached Thumbnails Rebuilding a 27 Sedan-mag-seat_3.jpg   Rebuilding a 27 Sedan-mag-sedan-10%25201.jpg   Rebuilding a 27 Sedan-mag-ph-28history07.jpg  

Rebuilding a 27 Sedan-mag-sedan-50x410.jpg   Rebuilding a 27 Sedan-mag-sedan-1-raised-rear-deck.jpg  
Old 03-22-2012, 11:52 AM
Registered

In checking my windshield, the front glass is in good shape but needs to be reglazed. The sides of the windshield & the cabin windows are plastic which need to be replaced & I need a source for the vinyl gasket material to set & seal the cabin windows in & the winshield side windows. I pulled 1 cabin window & 1 side piece looks like an extruded vinyl.

I'm also looking for a replacement for a compass to fill the hole where the original Danford was.
I'm hoping I'll be getting a PM regarding one ??? But would like to know what others used if not a Danford?

On another subject: Has any one used Gibco Flexmold to re do the dimond nonskid areas?
If so what is the part number??

Last edited by Flitzr1; 03-22-2012 at 05:05 PM. Reason: added information
Old 03-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Here are the only 2 shots I have right now of the engine hatch. As you can see, it was just cut in half and the hinges were moved to the sides. My hatches have also had teak added by the original owner, then he cut a couple of holes in the hatch to clear some home made headers he had on there. My power is all stock so I don't need the clearance. I also included one of the teak on the deck. I leave my cabin hatch and door off because I just use the boat for day trips so they were just in the way.
Attached Thumbnails Rebuilding a 27 Sedan-mag-boathouse-1.jpg   Rebuilding a 27 Sedan-mag-boathouse-2.jpg   Rebuilding a 27 Sedan-cimg2511.jpg  

Last edited by 27sedan; 03-27-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.