magnum 25 or magnum 27 >

magnum 25 or magnum 27

Notices

magnum 25 or magnum 27

Old 02-09-2012, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default magnum 25 or magnum 27

how well does a magnum 25 ride and does it compare to the magnum 27? I have an opportunity to purchase either a mag 25 or a sedan 27. both are not running, so a sea trial is not an option.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:11 AM
Platinum Member

Received 134 Likes on 80 Posts

Never been lucky enough to get out in a 27 but I did do a lot of running around in a 28 Maltese a long long time ago.

By today's standards the 25 is a heavy , solidly built boat. Mine is a single engine total resto with a 502MPI and it doesn't really come to life until you get up to 40mph or so, but it'll crush through anything at that speed. The weight that makes it slower than other 'modern' boats also helps (along with that great hull design) to give a huge quality of ride factor.
It was always a single engine boat and it's been said here that the twin engined boats had a hook at the chines that the singles didn't.

You'd definitely need big block power and at least 410hp at the prop if you want to go the single engine route. Not sure if I'd want a twin with small blocks in it , but one with 2x inline 6 Volvos that some did have would be a 50mph boat for sure.

I think the ride will blow you away !