Doller Marine Magnum listed >

Doller Marine Magnum listed

Notices

Doller Marine Magnum listed

Old 04-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Yes it was Len's but It was Riches [beakman] here on the lake first. Marshall did he raise the new Bravo drives to the same X dimension as yours when he rebuilt it ??
If Magnum ever builds the new 27' this one would be a a good deal @ a 1/3 of the new price.. Jeff was just at Magnum last week, did not see anything going on about the new 27'. Mark
Lens old sport got xr's that were mounted within 1/2" of my x-dim I would guess. But he runs 5blade props also. I think he wants to keep the boat but has it "for sale" so his wife doen't complain or something.
I was at Magnum a few weeks back and the shop is pretty quiet, only a 50' getting finished and an 80' in the early stages. ( the 80' cost close to 8mil supposedly) One 27 hull there that was used for the new gtmm. GTMM is finishing the 39' before they finish the 27' for some reason.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:55 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Gtmm

Go to my write below on my visit to GTMM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I finally had a chance to visit with Giovanni and Scott at GTMM on my last trip to Florida, and am really impressed on what they are doing, Thought that you might like to read on what we discussed and I observed.
27 GTMM
The 27 will now be 28’2” allowing for more freeboard and running length .The hull will be identical to the original 27/28…no steps and pads, just a great almost 50 year old proven 24 degree 7’10 beam hull .Because they have decided to increased freeboard and add to the running length it was decided to make a new plug. It will be CNC machined, and incorporate the new design changes and correct some problems the old mold had developed over time. This will be a single engine package utilizing 496 HO to 700 SCI, and will deliver a 70+ mph ride. Because of its construction it weighs in at a little over 4,000 lbs.…add 130 gallons of fuel, total weight of 5,000.lbs.
Construction, hand –laid, vacuum bagged, using Vinylester resins Glass/ Kevlar stitched double bias fabrics, balsa cored hull and deck. The deck is reinforced and bonded around the perimeter. I also looked over the seating arrangement… two front seats, separated by the console along with a rear bench seat, no different than it was two years ago. There will be a viewing window to the engine compartment built into the hatch under the sun pad. The hardware, seating, fabrics and flooring that will be used are top draw. This will be one beautiful lady when she is done.
39GTMM
Unfortunately they will be unable to get both boats to the2012 Miami show and the 39 was the one they decided that would be the 1st one out of the box. I would have liked to see the 28 first but this makes the most marketing sense. The 39 is based on the original Dragon design with modifications that Giovanni and Scott have made. It will be a mono-hull with 2-steps, ventilated bottom along with a surface pad on the bottom. The plug is being made by 5-axis computer tooling just as the 28 is. Approximately 6,700 lbs. add 240 gallons of fuel and it weighs in at 8,400 lbs. Beam of 8’6”, freeboard 43”, static draft 36” along with a 24 degree hull and they should have another winner. Engine options 496 HO to 1350 Mercury Racing. Top speed based on engines selected, starting at 85 + mph.
Seating configuration, sit down side by side front and bench seat for the rear. This is a canopy styled boat and comes either as open, half, or full canopied .Personally I like the open cockpit with the full wrap around windshield. As with the 39, the seating, hardware and flooring is impeccable. The hull color designs that I was showed were beautiful and will post then latter.
Well that is my observations; very pleased with what I saw…and being a Magnum affectionate… long live the Magnum name as GTMM. Bud info on what they are doing and why. Bud

Last edited by mr vinyl; 04-01-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Bud you now have me thinking regarding my 27 sedan project. Seeing I haven't cut the transom & seeing that GTMM is using a single engine in the modern version of the 27/28, I'm wondering, maybe, that I could go with a single 600 HP Merc set up instead of the 2-300 Hp's I was concidering. Seeing as you have more experience & knowledge regarding these hulls I would apreciate your thoughts, inputs & ideas. You know the positives/negatives/ modifications etc... Thanks
Old 04-02-2012, 10:14 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Small block vs. Big block

I know that a number of rebuilds have have gone to a single engine set up and were very happy.I would request input from Magnum owners who have done that and then make your decision.I don't think you can go wrong.Just make sure you have the correct X dimension and prop and you should be OK. Have fun on your research,but remember you won't get the same HP from a single set up vs. two Bud
Old 04-02-2012, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have always been told if you replace,
say a 100 hp motor with 2 - 50 hp motors, that the 2 - 50's will not give as much power as the single 1-100hp motor.
The rule of thumb I was told was a 25% loss of the combined HP??
I'll do some research & start a new thread.
Thanks agian, I'm not sold yet on a big block single,
just thinking before I cut the new transom....

Last edited by Flitzr1; 04-02-2012 at 06:13 PM. Reason: spelin
Old 04-02-2012, 05:01 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mr vinyl
Go to my write below on my visit to GTMM

The 27 will now be 28’2” allowing for more freeboard and running length .The hull will be identical to the original 27/28…no steps and pads, just a great almost 50 year old proven 24 degree 7’10 beam hull .Because they have decided to increased freeboard and add to the running length it was decided to make a new plug. It will be CNC machined, and incorporate the new design changes and correct some problems the old mold had developed over time.
What a shame. IMO.

The thing with the 27 Sport it has the perfect lines as it is. The 27 Sport is not a Pokerrun boat. It's for two maybe three persons. Should be the freeboard it has. Sitdown should be.

I'm sure the GTMM guys knows what they are doing but I was really looking forward to the "New" 27 Sport..

If somebody wan't a "new" Sport I have a brand new Arrow hull. Would love to put it on a cradle at ship it to us..

Mange
Old 04-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by dammmagnum
I think that Lucky Strike on OSO (Steve Berk) may know the owner of this Magnum Sport?

Thank you
Jim
A good friend of mine owns the boat.
I have been out in it & it is very clean.
I believe it is still for sale.
If anyone has any questions about it give me a call