Magnum Force History uncovered

Notices

Magnum Force History uncovered

Old 05-12-2012, 04:37 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Magnum Force History uncovered

Magnum Force was once raced by Filippo Theodoli and Sonny Miller.It was campaigned in Italy twice in 1974 and then returned to the U.S.
Per Sonny Miller there is a picture of this boat with Mrs Theodoli standing on a dock in Sardinia Italy on the wall at Magnum.

The original engines were twin BPM 500 hp v8 aluminum blocks and heads with b/w 72c transmissions and trs nose exertions into the TRS drives with merc bp racing lower units and 4 blade props.it ran 83 mph at the sea trial in Sardinia Mel will know this equipment also. as you see the original engines were very lite in the stern of that 28.. sonny miller La Motori BPM Italia SPA con Signori Pasti en Milano [la motori volcano

Hello Bud , That's the boat alright. At that time I usually bent the throttle levers inward so that I could control both engines with one hand.also I ground the throttle knobs into a cylinder shape, as it was more comfortable in my hand.I did that on every boat that I raced in.That aluminum 3 man bolster frame was custom made for Filippo.

-Sonny Miller
Owner, Designer & Engineer

Sonny ,is this the Magnum that you and Filippo drove with the BP's. Currently it has TRS's,350's producing 450-475HP 11-1 compression 100 octane.Have some of the original photos showing and unusual RPM & Speed pod.Also photo of the aluminum 3 man bolster frame. Bud

We will confirm this with Mrs Theodoli and try and get additional photos...what a potentially great find