Wood Grain Dash Material

Notices

Wood Grain Dash Material

Old 05-24-2012, 05:31 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wood Grain Dash Material

Anyone found a replacement or substitute for the wood grain dash material used for the Magnum's? It is an engravable material for sure as the logo is actually engraved in. Would like to find the originalmaterial of course. Any help?

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 05-25-2012, 12:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts
Unhappy

Jeff,

Did you have the step plates chromed? Also, are you replacing the teak inserts?.....been looking them. Sorry, I have no leads on the wood dash insert.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:24 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Dash

Have a actual dash,it may not be in great shape,faded...I will post a picture. Bud
Old 05-25-2012, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hydro dip new or old pannels in the wood grian you like
Old 05-25-2012, 10:24 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have an original woodgrain dash from a '72 Sedan. Tried to send a PM but your box is full.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:14 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Default Wood Grain Dash/Step Plates

See attached photo for wood grain dash material. I have a pretty good one now but corners are starting to crack and I would like to make new one. However, I would like it to be with original material.
Any help appreciated.

Skippy,
We did get the step plates chromed. I don't have them back yet, will post as sson as we get them. As far as the teak we were lucky that ours were still in good shape. We just bleached them, sanded them and teak oiled them. Came back to life.
Attached Thumbnails Wood Grain Dash Material-original-maltese-dash.jpg  
Old 05-26-2012, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JPrusinows
See attached photo for wood grain dash material. I have a pretty good one now but corners are starting to crack and I would like to make new one. However, I would like it to be with original material.
Any help appreciated.

Skippy,
We did get the step plates chromed. I don't have them back yet, will post as sson as we get them. As far as the teak we were lucky that ours were still in good shape. We just bleached them, sanded them and teak oiled them. Came back to life.
looks like a basic old laminate. Like counter top guys use or use to use but thicker.
Check with Mar-Lin Industries, they make flat gauge panels out of faux wood plastic sheets like this. They may not make 1 offs but could point in the right direction.
I'll capture picture & shop it to panel builders we use.

Last edited by Flitzr1; 05-26-2012 at 04:13 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 06-22-2012, 11:56 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Default Teak Dash Engravable Material

Closest I have been able to find guys. It is engraveable with white underneath (like original). Color is off from original it appears but it is closer to actual teak on rest of boat than original dash is. Just cut your holes, engrave the logo, and possibly mount to some type of backer board, and were in business. Wood Grain would run the other way.

Any thoughts, comments? Alternatives anyone has found?

Thanks,

Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Wood Grain Dash Material-6-21-2012-013.jpg  
Old 06-22-2012, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JPrusinows
Closest I have been able to find guys. It is engraveable with white underneath (like original). Color is off from original it appears but it is closer to actual teak on rest of boat than original dash is. Just cut your holes, engrave the logo, and possibly mount to some type of backer board, and were in business. Wood Grain would run the other way.

Any thoughts, comments? Alternatives anyone has found?

Thanks,

Jeff
Jeff,
it looks pretty good, and it may be pretty close to the orignal shade and color. You are comparing it to a panel that has sat out in the sun and elements for many years and been bleached out by the sun and weather.

Thank you
Looking great
Jim
Old 06-22-2012, 07:07 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

I remember a conversation with Innotech Products (carbon fiber) that he had a product that looked like wood grain. Since everything he does is custom,check to see if he can make what your after.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.