71 Purple Sport

Notices

71 Purple Sport

Old 07-23-2012, 12:20 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 71 Purple Sport

The all original 71 purple Sport is still available. I received a call from Billy the owners son to let me know and I told him I would let you all know it is still for sale.The last price I was provided by his Father was $9,000 no trailer. The boat is all original,the engines turn over, this is a great V windshield barn find. It has been in rack storage for 12-15 years.His phone # is 615-972-9761 and the boat is located in back of the Ft. Lauderdale Airport. Bud
Attached Thumbnails 71 Purple Sport-20120521_083259.jpg   71 Purple Sport-20120521_083232_1.jpg   71 Purple Sport-20120521_152837.jpg  

71 Purple Sport-img_1007.jpg   71 Purple Sport-img_1009.jpg   71 Purple Sport-img_1012.jpg  

Old 11-28-2012, 01:34 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

My spies down in Florida just saw this Mag running & going out the cut @ Lake Mabel in Ft Lauderdale today.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

Bone stock V deck.......love that boat!
Old 11-29-2012, 06:38 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Purple Magnum

The person that bought it was going to clean it up,get it running, re do carpeting and upholstery. Looks like it is done...post some new photos. Bud
Old 11-29-2012, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Neat looking Mag, I like that windshield for a sit down boat. Will be nice to see it cleaned up.

Bud, on a side note, I noticed something interesting the other day on my boat. I crawled up past the "cabin" and noticed that in between the 3 front bulkheads the deck is glassed onto the hull. It appears original as well, same looking stichmat. For some reason it is not glassed from the forward bulkhead to the bow or anywhere aft of the front cabin bulkhead. Maybe they did it because of the forward tanks....

- Marshall
Old 11-29-2012, 10:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

Marshall,

Mine ('76 sport) is glassed in the same proximity as yours, definately factory. That was the only area that didn't need it when I glassed all the deck & hull together.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Pete, its interesting to me that they chose only to glass this section. I'm contemplating how difficult it would be to glass from the forward bulkhead to the bow and maybe back to the cabin bulkhead but I dont want to lose the factory fur.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MDonziM
Thanks Pete, its interesting to me that they chose only to glass this section. I'm contemplating how difficult it would be to glass from the forward bulkhead to the bow and maybe back to the cabin bulkhead but I dont want to lose the factory fur.
Marshal,
As I put in an early posting, my 27 Sport was patched bonded between the hull and decking various places along its length and I wanted it fully jointed.
My preference was to remove the rub rail plus all of the self tapping screws, drive wooden wedges at intervals between the hull and deck to create a temporary working gap, solvent clean the space, lightly abrade, then fill with Sikoflex moving the wedges as you go.Then replacing all the fastenings with the next gauge up screws whilst the Polyurethane was still wet. This then acts as both a sealant and structural bonding agent without the loss of the "Factory Fur" if that what your looking for I suggest.
Kalaazar
Old 12-02-2012, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kalaazar
Marshal,
My preference was to remove the rub rail plus all of the self tapping screws, drive wooden wedges at intervals between the hull and deck to create a temporary working gap, solvent clean the space, lightly abrade, then fill with Sikoflex moving the wedges as you go.Then replacing all the fastenings with the next gauge up screws whilst the Polyurethane was still wet. This then acts as both a sealant and structural bonding agent without the loss of the "Factory Fur" if that what your looking for I suggest.
Kalaazar
Kalaazar,

Is the Sikoflex a similar product to 3M 5200?
http://www.3m.com/product/informatio...e-Sealant.html
This is what I used on my Donzi 18 in the same joint, but that boat will never see the stress applied to a Magnum hull
Old 12-03-2012, 04:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mario L.
Kalaazar,

Is the Sikoflex a similar product to 3M 5200?
http://www.3m.com/product/informatio...e-Sealant.html
This is what I used on my Donzi 18 in the same joint, but that boat will never see the stress applied to a Magnum hull
Looking at the specification sheets, no I don`t think it is the same.
I was going to upload the Technical data sheet but even in PDF format the file is to large. Sikaflex 291 States that it is recommended for bonding Hulls to Decks because of its high stress and shear load capability.

Kalaazar

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.