Deals to be had

Old 04-16-2014, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deals to be had

Found this while doing a search

http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/bod/4416527805.html

looks like a very nice boat with new Scorpion engines

and sadly it hurts to see this FS at this price . .
http://porthuron.craigslist.org/boa/4392527014.html

had I known this would be FS at this price I would have never restored Time Flies . . . .

Mario L.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:56 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

You can always own two you know!

Personally I can't believe it hasn't sold, lot's of interest but I guess not too many people that realize the significance of this boat. She isn't going to get any cheaper as this is the break point where I will just keep her...... summer's coming and I'll be tempted to put her back in the water.

Julian
Old 04-22-2014, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Joules
You can always own two you know!

Personally I can't believe it hasn't sold, lot's of interest but I guess not too many people that realize the significance of this boat. She isn't going to get any cheaper as this is the break point where I will just keep her...... summer's coming and I'll be tempted to put her back in the water.

Julian
Hello Julian
I really don't think it your Magnum Sport,, as everyone with Sport boat and Offshore racing knowledge knows what the Back ground of your Sport is. I just think it is still a tough market for pre-owned Boats,
Just look at E-bay there are so many boats that have Zero Bids on them, or they don't even come close to the Reserve price. plus they been on E-Bay or Craig's List several times with no action. many people are looking for a rock bottom bargain or a steal.
I think it will sell, but will take time and the right person.
You have a great looking Magnum Sport.
Thank you
Jim

just think that market is still pretty tough.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:50 PM
Registered

I agree with Jim. Market is tough and items like this can't be financed . . plus a fully decked out race boat will have a much narrower market than a recreational boat.

Possibly advertising off the internet in published magazines will attract a different audience.
Robb Report
Dupont registry

As much as we all like the forums . . an active money spending enthusiast market is typically not found on them, (Boats or cars) and ebay is too risky for people who spend big money on vintage toys . .
Happy to share more, I deal with this on a fairly regular basis with vintage BMWs and Porsches....

Mario L.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mario L.
I agree with Jim. Market is tough and items like this can't be financed . . plus a fully decked out race boat will have a much narrower market than a recreational boat.

Possibly advertising off the internet in published magazines will attract a different audience.
Robb Report
Dupont registry

As much as we all like the forums . . an active money spending enthusiast market is typically not found on them, (Boats or cars) and ebay is too risky for people who spend big money on vintage toys . .
Happy to share more, I deal with this on a fairly regular basis with vintage BMWs and Porsches....

Mario L.
Mario,

What hurting even more out here, in the SF Bay area is regular gas at a station is over :$4.20/Gal, Premium is over $4.40/Gal. and those are the cheaper prices.
I spoke with a Guy that I know that has a 36 Sea Ray and he filled up half of his tanks and it was over $500.00.
you have to find some one that really wants your boat (Classic car) or is looking for something to restore and will do a lot or most of the work themselves,, but then, they want to steal it

Plus as you said its risky buying on line some times.
My closest friend in NJ just purchased a 40 Ford Pick up all done over to Stock, the guy selling it told he had the title and all the documents for the Truck. my friend paid for the truck and had the truck shipped from Chicago and the paper work is a mess (no real title) and he still couldn't register the truck in NJ, been almost two months now. Sorry for getting off track , but have to beware.
Thank you
jim

Last edited by dammmagnum; 04-22-2014 at 07:12 PM.