Magnun on Face Book ?

Notices

Magnun on Face Book ?

Old 02-08-2015, 10:23 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Magnun on Face Book ?

This Magnum sport was on Face Book the other day, it said to be a late 70's hull. By this pic it could be a Klem as there is no deck insert visible. Also missing some Magnum deck hardware gas caps, nav lights, deck air vents, life line & factory Magnum dash & more. Klems boats did not have bow fuel tanks, there tanks were under the cockpit floor. It's a good looking and has some nice drives & other hardware but is it real ??? Has anyone seen this one ???
Attached Thumbnails Magnun on Face Book ?-mag-sport-12299.jpg  
Old 02-08-2015, 07:16 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That is not a Magnum Sport...to much original hardware is missing. If any one was going to update a Magnum they wouldn't due that to this Sport.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:03 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 253 Likes on 109 Posts

looks like it better have some good bilge pumps, check out the water line on the port side.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:48 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That is not uncommon unless it has a front tank up front. Magnum added the front tank in many boats and even put weight in the front bow to meet local marine approvals in many countries ,especially Italy.
Old 02-22-2015, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mr vinyl
That is not uncommon unless it has a front tank up front. Magnum added the front tank in many boats and even put weight in the front bow to meet local marine approvals in many countries ,especially Italy.

I know the boat, it is right down the street from me. Somewhere I have some pictures of it, it belongs to a guy right near Volo, IL who does fiberglass work on drag boats and vintage boats for a living. He did the transom on my sport a few years back, top notch work. It is a real sport that he has put a TON of work into to modernize it, the boat is imaculate. Although its not exactly my style it is a very impressive piece, it has 383's with bravos, imco lowers, and extension boxes. I'll dig around tonight and try to find the pictures to post.
Old 02-22-2015, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://s375.photobucket.com/user/jge...ther%20Magnums

Check out this link I rounded up some pictures of a couple of modernized Magnums, the owners of both of these boats were very helpful with the restoration of my Sport!
Old 02-23-2015, 09:17 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

This is a very nice boat with much custom work done. A Magnum transom hull ID number would put all doubts to rest.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Now I am really interested. The work carried out looks to be top class..

So now we have something which is no longer a classic Magnum rebuild but a high end custom hot rod based on a Magnum hull and modified deck.

It looks on the face of it to be an excellent piece of work, so now the question is just how do you value it and what is it worth on the open market.

I do understand that it not all just about money but obviously someone out there must have bought it and therefore the builder must have found a market for such a craft if it is not just a one off.

Mark is right does the hull have a hin number, if so that would help. Or if it is like mine 1971 no hin number.

Which ever the case, the pictures do make it look very good, nice work

Kalaazar
Old 02-23-2015, 11:54 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

This build is way over the top, Magnum never did glass work on sports this nice. All the stringers are new, & that bilge is a showpiece...
Attached Thumbnails Magnun on Face Book ?-mag-custom-1.jpg   Magnun on Face Book ?-mag-custom-2.jpg   Magnun on Face Book ?-mag-custom.jpg  

Old 02-24-2015, 11:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

Among all the other great customizations on the boat, I just love that engine hatch/rear bench configuration!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.