73 Sport #MAG272610573

Notices

73 Sport #MAG272610573

Old 11-15-2015, 11:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by MDonziM
Cool looking old sport, did someone buy it yet?

Bud is probably close in my book on the resto cost, depends how far you go. I bet the transom is no good after that trs conversion and the deck probably has water in it too around fittings etc. I spent at least 15k on fiberglass and paint on mine. If the gel cote is ok and you leave the TRS's you could do it for 20-25k maybe but if you go all the way its at least 50-60k in my book.

Mark - you can't think that that boat is a Mag. Never mind the deck and the drop down towards the bow, look at the size of the lifting strake, totally different imo.
Marshall it's sold to the new owner that I talked about in post #17. I took that pic of that maybe a Magnum & think it's my camera that made the strake look different as it looked like a Magnum hull in person.
Old 02-24-2016, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 73 mag sport

Originally Posted by HackerFan
I believe that is the old Bonanza boat. M-28 back when I used to see it race.
Well its mine now,,its not bad,new carbs,having trouble getting manifold,im going to make it black and orange,like bonanza,redoing engine hatch,did the seats in white orange and black,moving chicken bar back 3 in so i can get in the seat,....motors are good,drives and tabs work,some tlc and a few bucks ill be out on the lake running this thing,,,the nice thing is its all period correct cage seat dash,hatches are all what was on it when it raced,,,anyones help would be appreciated,need to find the on port exhaust manifold,bought some glenwoods for a sbc,they fit on the motor but do not configure with the finial pipes just will not fit hmmmmmmmmm
Old 02-24-2016, 10:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Terry,, I'm going to the Great Lakes Offshore party March 5th,, Gill who had this Mag as Chartreuse may be there & may know where to find a replacement exhaust manifold. I will also ask around someone at the party may know.
Old 02-25-2016, 01:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by term1032000
Well its mine now,,its not bad,new carbs,having trouble getting manifold,im going to make it black and orange,like bonanza,redoing engine hatch,did the seats in white orange and black,moving chicken bar back 3 in so i can get in the seat,....motors are good,drives and tabs work,some tlc and a few bucks ill be out on the lake running this thing,,,the nice thing is its all period correct cage seat dash,hatches are all what was on it when it raced,,,anyones help would be appreciated,need to find the on port exhaust manifold,bought some glenwoods for a sbc,they fit on the motor but do not configure with the finial pipes just will not fit hmmmmmmmmm
Ron might know about the exhaust. Not sure how to get a hold of him. Don"t think he owns a computer or cell phone. Lol. But he is hanging out @ MBC alot.
Old 02-25-2016, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bonanza was actually dark brown if you're going for a "correct" restoration. If not, black and orange would be really sharp! Good luck with the project. It's like someone opened a time capsule from 1973 and pulled out a race boat. It's going to be awesome.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:21 AM
Registered

i boight the boat,would love to talk to ron baxter!!!!
Old 02-26-2016, 09:25 AM
Registered

whats MBC ?
Old 02-26-2016, 09:38 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Correct dark brown color of Bonanza.
Attached Thumbnails 73 Sport #MAG272610573-mag-bonanza-h2o-2-.jpg  
Old 02-26-2016, 07:30 PM
Registered

Monroe boat club
Old 02-27-2016, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats on the buy! what area are you going to be boating in?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.