Notices

wellcraft excalibur fly by

Old 08-14-2011, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wellcraft excalibur fly by

Just a quick video my buddy shoot on his cell phone of my 1984 wellcraft excalibur messing around in the tomsriver. 80mph fly by....
Old 08-14-2011, 08:57 AM
Registered

Good stuff. glad to see its done and running. hows the boat ride with the high x and bravo set up apose to the old trs junk???? Haven't finished mine yet
Old 08-14-2011, 09:42 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

that thing is screaming..nice job
Old 08-14-2011, 10:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by excal82
Good stuff. glad to see its done and running. hows the boat ride with the high x and bravo set up apose to the old trs junk???? Haven't finished mine yet
Well I did the bravo converstion along with a bigger motor and gained almost 30mph. I am not sure how much the Bravo converstion alone gave me but I know it helped out big time. With the high x-dem I run the drive trim almost straight with the bottom of the boat, not much trim out needed. Boat feels real good running at speed but I might be able to get 1-3mph more with some fine tuning of the prop and reducing all the extra weight I have in the boat like tools, spare parts and fluids,etc.
Erik
Old 08-14-2011, 01:02 PM
Registered

if you dont mind me asking, what type of speed is this thing running and what size wheel. I set my x at 20.5 and my motor dynoed at 667. just waiting on steering parts. Urs will give me a good idea of what wheel to throw on first.. Def. gonna be a 5 blade
Old 08-14-2011, 07:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by excal82
if you dont mind me asking, what type of speed is this thing running and what size wheel. I set my x at 20.5 and my motor dynoed at 667. just waiting on steering parts. Urs will give me a good idea of what wheel to throw on first.. Def. gonna be a 5 blade
19.5x dem
620hp
28p bravo one prop labbed
82mph at 5700rpm

I tryed a 5 blade maximus 26P prop. It gained 10mph at cruising speed but decreased top speed and rpm alot. I dont think a 5 blade will work for you.... If you are hooked on using a 5 blade i'll sell you mine.