Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Multi Media Gallery > Members On-line Video Section!!
Baja H2X speed run and Dubstep >

Baja H2X speed run and Dubstep

Notices

Baja H2X speed run and Dubstep

Old 03-20-2012, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baja H2X speed run and Dubstep

This is my 01' H2X just a little intro edit and then some fun on the water.[YOUTUBE]sdj3bknLbQk[/YOUTUBE]
Old 03-23-2012, 12:12 PM
Registered

Cool video but it doesn't sound like you are from the Southeast.

It didn't look like you had any water hooked up at the 1:00. I wouldn't suggest ever running the boat without any water connected. Even more so if you're running it in the ocean, that's the last place you want to be with a bad impeller. Also make sure to get the lower unit down while running it, even in idle.

Have a safe Summer!
Old 05-08-2012, 07:43 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

not vary smart starting dry
Old 05-08-2012, 07:49 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

First performance boat? Y'all better save up for a U-joint as well. You can't run it with the drive in the trailer position.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:02 AM
Registered

I always start the boat with the hose off then walk to the hose and turn it on I have always feared the water pressure built up without running the motor could force water into it. The drive up at idle I thought was ok after all every time I pull up to the beach or in less then 3 feet of water I have to put it up and idle through or It will just spin the prop through the sand.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Registered

Not from the southeast just stationed here and it is my first performace boat.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:30 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Start the hose first. Most Baja's have a check ball system in them (which is junk BTW), but it will force the water out the drive until the motor starts/impeller starts turning. Even withOUT the checkball system, it's highly unlikely to push water past the impeller. PWCs you have to worry about this, not stock/typical BBC/SBC.

The drive shaft is spinning as soon as you start the motor, no matter fwd/n/reverse on the gear shifter. If you have it trimmed up like that you are putting extreme pressure on the U-joint. If you are heading into shalllow water, trim it up a bit and come in hot. Kill the motor and drift onto the beach. Set an anchor on the beach to hold the boat vs. driving far enough up to hold the boat. Your hull will thank you later as well.

And, please wear the lanyard. It will save someone's life.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 05-08-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:36 PM
Registered

Ok the check ball system makes sense so since you cleared that up I will make sure it is on before starting from now on. My old jet ski is exactly where I got that idea from.

I do understand the stress on the U-joint it is the same principal as lifting a truck you get that high degree angle on the shaft and go through joints like gas. Unfortunately the current here is too strong ane tides move to quickly to hot ride it in we cant even pull up on the beach like we could on a lake so hull wear is one issue we don't have! we usually have to drop the front anchor 100 feet off shore then back the boat close to the beach to waist depth and hop off to place the rear anchor otherwise the waves push the boat too far on the beach and it gets stuck which we learned the hard way first time out last year.

When we lived on the gulf coast the tides came in and out slowly and we could pull up on the beach gently and just toss an anchor out. This place sucks for beaching alot of people anchor way out and swim in but who the hell wants to do that I like hearing my music and having my cooler close by. Only one season left here before we head back central though and hopefully going to sell the boat and go bigger.

Thanks for the heads up on that stuff by the way!
Old 05-08-2012, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

running with the drive trimmed up shouldnt hurt but having it trailered will. i would get in far enough to jump in and pull it in the rest of the way. thats what i always do
Old 05-12-2012, 06:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bikercrze1
Not from the southeast just stationed here and it is my first performace boat.
Just busting your balls.... we are from North Jersey.

There are tons of very knowledgeable boaters in this forum and I am sure if you have a question or just not sure about something, someone will offer their knowledge. Enjoy the new boat and be safe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.