Boatel Recommendation

Notices

Boatel Recommendation

Old 12-08-2007, 11:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boatel Recommendation

I've been looking for a boatel between Deale and Baltimore that can accomodate my 30' Sutphen indoors. I kept my old boat at Londontowne Marina for years starting in 1988, but they don't have room for a 30' inside.

So far, the only one I've found is Harbor Cove Marina in Deale. I'd like to know if there are any others before I make a decision. I prefer to be off the South River, Severn River or Magothy.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:14 PM
Registered

Well - indoors over thirty is really difficult - there is a place on middle river that can handle it. I am at Atlantic Marine Resort on the patapsco and they have covered racks and a great facility with excellent equipment. If you want to know more pm me.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sunset Harbor on Middle River can handle your boat. A friend has his 33 Donzi in there, fully enclosed.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jammin'
I've been looking for a boatel between Deale and Baltimore that can accomodate my 30' Sutphen indoors. I kept my old boat at Londontowne Marina for years starting in 1988, but they don't have room for a 30' inside.

So far, the only one I've found is Harbor Cove Marina in Deale. I'd like to know if there are any others before I make a decision. I prefer to be off the South River, Severn River or Magothy.
I live in Edgewater, check out Liberty Marina on the Annapolis side of the South River Bridge, I know they have indoor Boatel storage, I just dont know if they can handle 30'???
Old 12-17-2007, 12:08 PM
Registered

http://www.libertymarina.com/slips_a...aryland_md.php

I would say you are good to go....... "High and Dry (Boatel) up to 30' length"

If you boat on the South River check out our Local Boating Club...

www.cbpba.com

Good Luck, Patrick
Old 12-17-2007, 12:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I've called Liberty before. I think their "high & dry" refers to out of the water. I believe they have open racks with a top on them. I really want to keep the boat indoors. I like the South River because if it's too rough on the bay, you can still play on the river. Unless something pops up on the Magothy, it's probably Deale for me. I liked Harbor Cove because they had a pool and game room and such for my son. I just don't care as much for being on a small creek right on the bay.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jammin'
I've called Liberty before. I think their "high & dry" refers to out of the water. I believe they have open racks with a top on them. I really want to keep the boat indoors. I like the South River because if it's too rough on the bay, you can still play on the river. Unless something pops up on the Magothy, it's probably Deale for me. I liked Harbor Cove because they had a pool and game room and such for my son. I just don't care as much for being on a small creek right on the bay.
No, They have indoor Boatel, you can see right in the large building as you go over the bridge if the doors are open.... here is a quote from the web site... And my quote that I made in post #5, claims they go up to 30'.

"LIBRTY BOATEL... offers indoor storage all year 'round with first class carpeted bunks plus in-and-out service from April to October. Call an hour ahead and your boat will be in the water waiting for you. When you return, merely tie up at our convenient assembly slips and we'll handle the rest, including a free wash every time!"
Old 12-17-2007, 03:32 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thanks! I will check it out.
Old 12-22-2007, 02:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Spicy
No, They have indoor Boatel, you can see right in the large building as you go over the bridge if the doors are open.... here is a quote from the web site... And my quote that I made in post #5, claims they go up to 30'.

"LIBRTY BOATEL... offers indoor storage all year 'round with first class carpeted bunks plus in-and-out service from April to October. Call an hour ahead and your boat will be in the water waiting for you. When you return, merely tie up at our convenient assembly slips and we'll handle the rest, including a free wash every time!"
I called. No indoor for a 30' boat.