How big for the Chesapeak? >

How big for the Chesapeak?

Notices

How big for the Chesapeak?

Old 02-14-2008, 06:54 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a 31' Cig Bullet on this site that's been refurbished and has motors that get it to the mid 70's. Priced around 50K. Check it out. Bullets have pretty nice cabins. I've attached a couple pics of my cabin. Also, the earlier, straight bottom Cafe's and Top Guns had nice cabins.

And finally, ALL Formula's have nice cabins.
Attached Thumbnails How big for the Chesapeak?-0310071342.jpg   How big for the Chesapeak?-0310071342a.jpg   How big for the Chesapeak?-0310071406.jpg  

Old 02-14-2008, 07:49 PM
Registered

I live in Va. Beach. Last summer the wind was blowing from the North a lot. Often had four to five foot swells. Bigger won't hurt.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:33 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Uh-Oh, is the new F4 going to be our new poker run king around here? Cigs and one semi-enclosed Fountain seem to be the top dogs on the runs that include the ocean around here.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:31 PM
Registered

This summer is going to be great. I am so excited to get out on the water. So many new places to see and people to meet.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:07 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

You know what would be great. All the local clubs getting together and coordinating a 3 or 4 day Chesapeake Bay Rendezvous and maybe poker run somewhere Mid-Bay to include all rivers, north end into Maryland, and all the way to the mouth of the Bay. It would be interesting how many could make it.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Hollowpoint
You know what would be great. All the local clubs getting together and coordinating a 3 or 4 day Chesapeake Bay Rendezvous and maybe poker run somewhere Mid-Bay to include all rivers, north end into Maryland, and all the way to the mouth of the Bay. It would be interesting how many could make it.
I would be in...after I get a chance to step into a larger boat!
Old 02-15-2008, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A joint get-together would be great. REH, if you would like a ride on an old big heavy boat let me know. I would enjoy it and give you an idea of something different.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by scottc
A joint get-together would be great. REH, if you would like a ride on an old big heavy boat let me know. I would enjoy it and give you an idea of something different.
That would be great...
Old 02-17-2008, 06:21 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The Formula 353 is a tough boat to beat.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:54 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I remember my first boat back in 1986 was a Renkin 20' cuddy cabin. The very first time I used it, I took it out from Angler's at Chesapeake Beach into "big" rollers. Scared the sh$t out of myself. That boat used to beat you to death in a 1' chop. I'd have the kids crying and the (first ex) wife yelling at me. The foredeck would be bouncing up and down. Ah, the good old days.

I don't think there's a minimum size boat for the bay, just a minimum size you want to take out in any given conditions. After all, people take their 17' tri-hulls across the bay when it's calm. With that 20' boat, we could go across the bay comfortably, the wind would pick up after lunch and it was n ordeal to get home (see paragraph one).

I always thought a 30' deep vee was a good compromise on the bay. It's small enough to trailer and gunkhole, but large enough to smooth a lot out.

Quick Reply: How big for the Chesapeak?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.