Notices

Carolina lakes

Old 04-10-2008, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by formula 382 sr-1
Don't forget about Kerr 50,000 acres
shhh don't tell too many people about Kerr lake. Its a great place that isn't crowded. I lived on the lake unitl I graduated highschool. I have a lot of great memories there, and had plans of one day buying a place up there. But thanks to so many people from other states coming in, the property values have gone through the roof. My parents lot up there was bought for 10k back in 1990-1991, now has a taxable value of 150000.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL! I was thinking the same thing about Lake Hartwell!

Originally Posted by obrien
shhh don't tell too many people about Kerr lake. Its a great place that isn't crowded. I lived on the lake unitl I graduated highschool. I have a lot of great memories there, and had plans of one day buying a place up there. But thanks to so many people from other states coming in, the property values have gone through the roof. My parents lot up there was bought for 10k back in 1990-1991, now has a taxable value of 150000.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by obrien
Sorry but I do love that place we are going up next weekend.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by slider1
Anyone have opinions on the nicest, cleanest lakes in the area for powerboats...looking for lakefront property....considering Greenwood Lake, Lake Marian...any info would be great...
My name is Audra Lattimore and I am a Real Estate Broker on Lake Norman. I am also a boater so if you are interested in this area give me a call and I can send you some listings. This way you will be able to compare house prices on other lakes as well. 704.634.8431 or visit my web site www.ElitePropertiesLKN.com

Last edited by Charmed1; 04-21-2008 at 01:20 PM.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by heavyhauler
Like waterfront/lakefront property anywhere these days that is navigable, it's pretty pricey. My son lives on Lake Norman and I would like to have a place close to him, but the real estate bust hasn't changed prices there much that I've seen. Likewise, I recently sold a place on Lake Wateree thinking it had about peaked, but prices there are still on an upward rise. Wateree is smaller, about 14,000 acres, but nice and clean and will accomodate powerboats.
Which side of the lake is he on? Im in Denver, Lincoln County.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Charmed1
Which side of the lake is he on? Im in Denver, Lincoln County.
He's on Shoreline Loop Rd., beside Stutts Marina.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It depends on what you want out of your property.
Less populated, Peace and quiet? Can't beat Kerr.
Big lake- nice and craggy/chocked full of coves to get lost in.

If your looking for somewhere you can work and play, Norman was my top pick. Only been here <2years but really like it so far.

Never been to Murray but it looks huge. I've never been to Columbia, so not sure how it is as far as city/suburbs/work etc.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:18 AM
Registered

I agree Kerr, Norman, and Gaston are all great lakes. I want a place up at Gaston, but that might be quite a few years down the road.

Bryan
Old 04-29-2008, 09:59 PM
Registered

I was up in Charlotte today and damn, it was to cold to think of boating. How long is the boating season or at least peak season up there?
Old 05-02-2008, 09:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jagcoff007
I was up in Charlotte today and damn, it was to cold to think of boating. How long is the boating season or at least peak season up there?
Well I have only been here for about nine months so I don't have near the years that some do on here with LKN. We boated the weekend before Thanksgiving last year and we were boating in mid March. I would say a pretty solid six months from my little time being here.

Quick Reply: Carolina lakes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.