Anyone on the potomac this weekend? >

Anyone on the potomac this weekend?

Notices

Anyone on the potomac this weekend?

Old 05-15-2008, 06:52 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Needless to say, there is a TON of CHIT floating in the river up near the Mattawoman. I was hoping to get my first run in this weekend. I think I willl wait.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i recently joined a yacht club and our shakedown run is this weekend , gonna be over-nighting at Tall Timbers marina in Southern MD , as for all the crap floating around , guess i'll be bobbing and weaving , hopeing i dont stumble over a rail road tie or telephone pole

hmmm , if i remember reading correctly SHORE THING is from St Mary's county , where you at ???
Old 05-15-2008, 11:21 AM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shore thing is in Lexington Park I think....Joined a Yacht club, have fun. Watch out for the trees, and such floating down the river.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:58 AM
Registered

Had a blast , only thing i hit was an 18 pack of miller light , after i was safely tied into my slip for the day
i picked the early morning (10am early for me on a weekend) for both the ride down and the ride back on sunday and the water wasnt too ruff
nice 2 foot chop and the boat did awesome , i'm soo happy boating season is back !!
Old 05-19-2008, 10:11 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ENFORCER24
i recently joined a yacht club and our shakedown run is this weekend , gonna be over-nighting at Tall Timbers marina in Southern MD , as for all the crap floating around , guess i'll be bobbing and weaving , hopeing i dont stumble over a rail road tie or telephone pole

hmmm , if i remember reading correctly SHORE THING is from St Mary's county , where you at ???

I'm in hollywood on the Patuxent side. I don't make it to the potomac side very often, but i was out on the water saturday and there was no sign of debris from those high tides we had last week. I can't speak for the potomac side though.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:26 AM
Registered

i understand that pontoon boat your rocking is a wave crusher there on the patuxent , lol , i'm sure you miss the Velocity now
good to hear from you tho
Old 05-19-2008, 11:43 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yeah, i do miss the velocity. I haven't bought another boat yet though. I'm caught up in red tape over my pier permit because my 85 year old neighbor is a C*nt. At this point, it doesn't look like my pier is gonna be finished until late july or early august, so i'm not gonna buy a boat until next year. Luckily my parents live right across the creek from me and they have a 30' center console that they never use. So i've commandeered that for the summer.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Shore Thing
Yeah, i do miss the velocity. I haven't bought another boat yet though. I'm caught up in red tape over my pier permit because my 85 year old neighbor is a C*nt. At this point, it doesn't look like my pier is gonna be finished until late july or early august, so i'm not gonna buy a boat until next year. Luckily my parents live right across the creek from me and they have a 30' center console that they never use. So i've commandeered that for the summer.
That sounds like the best kind of boat
Old 05-19-2008, 11:56 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

No doubt. I took it over to boatel california last week and had the waterpumps changed on the outboards. Told my dad it was an early father's day present, but really it was to make me feel less guilty about constantly borrowing it. I killed two birds with one stone.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Shore Thing
I heard a rumor that Danny and Andre are selling thiers.... Real cheap.

Quick Reply: Anyone on the potomac this weekend?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.