Relocating from New Jersey to Charlotte >

Relocating from New Jersey to Charlotte

Notices

Relocating from New Jersey to Charlotte

Old 07-22-2008, 05:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Relocating from New Jersey to Charlotte

Due to a job transfer next year I'll be relocating to Charlotte, NC. I'm not very familiar with the boating sene there but do know it's pretty far inland. There are a few decent size lakes (Norman & Weilly ???). I was wondering if any members boat in this area can give me some information about boating in this region. Thanks
Old 07-22-2008, 11:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by richsformula
Due to a job transfer next year I'll be relocating to Charlotte, NC. I'm not very familiar with the boating sene there but do know it's pretty far inland. There are a few decent size lakes (Norman & Weilly ???). I was wondering if any members boat in this area can give me some information about boating in this region. Thanks
Lake Norman, Lake Wiley, are closest, then Lake Wateree, Lake Murray, Lake Hartwell, Kerr Lake all within about 2 hours of Charlotte. 4 hours to the ocean. You can probably find all you want on Lake Norman. It's around 50,000 acres, several marinas, lots of restaurants and bars, a couple of poker runs and or fun runs a year, and one hell of a raft up. Hartwell and Murray both have a poker run in May. In 3 to 4 hours you can be at a number of other lakes in Virginia, Tennessee, and Georgia.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:07 AM
Registered

Thanks for the info. I believe I'll be living close to or on Wiley. Any more info on that lake would be great.

Thanks
Old 07-24-2008, 08:32 PM
Registered

I just did the whole re-lo to CLT from Akron, OH a year ago last weekend. You'll love Charlotte - very nice down here. The boating is awesome on Lake Norman. I have yet to be on Lake Wilie. There are plenty of bars and places to eat on the lake.

Let me know if you have any specific questions. There are plenty east coasters here too.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by richsformula
Thanks for the info. I believe I'll be living close to or on Wiley. Any more info on that lake would be great.

Thanks
I've only been on that lake one time probably 8-10 years ago and it was real congested. Have to get more info from someone better informed than me about Lake Wiley. There are a good many Carolina boaters on Boatfreaks.org., and CPBA. You might try one of thoses sites if you don't get any responses here.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by five cent worth
I just did the whole re-lo to CLT from Akron, OH a year ago last weekend. You'll love Charlotte - very nice down here. The boating is awesome on Lake Norman. I have yet to be on Lake Wilie. There are plenty of bars and places to eat on the lake.

Let me know if you have any specific questions. There are plenty east coasters here too.

I saw they are having an Aquapalooza at Lake Norman this weekend. You heard anything about it?
Old 07-27-2008, 06:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by heavyhauler
I saw they are having an Aquapalooza at Lake Norman this weekend. You heard anything about it?
Had to go to a damn wedding in OH...
Old 07-29-2008, 04:10 PM
Registered

I didn't hear about the one on Norman, I was at the one on the Potomac at Fairview Beach.... Welcome to the Carolinas