Notices

Veras White Sands

Old 07-22-2008, 06:38 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts
Default Veras White Sands

Hey all,
I got a chance to hang out here this weekend and what a blast. I will definitely be making the trip back. Steve has made this a great stop over,food was great, a pool and the fuel docks were great with a great couple running them, they were friendly and efficient. there is even a beach to hang out on or beach the boat if you don't want to dock the place was super clean and the best part is the owner is a boater like us,just way more modest than most of us. he really deserves our support to help turn this spot into everything he dreamed it would be. Rumor has it that there will be a bi-weekly bikini contest... i for one will be back in a couple weeks...thanks for a great time Steve!....Rob

click this for an aerial view.....http://maps.live.com/?q=1200+White+S...MSNH&mkt=en-US

Last edited by offshoredrillin; 07-22-2008 at 06:42 AM.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Totally agree. Had not been there until last year. What a nice place. Definitely keep this place in the GPS.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:55 AM
Registered

I would go to Vera's as a kid once a summer on my Dad's boat. It was a great place. Vera always had a Hawaiian dress on every day. I heard that Steve met up with her a few years ago and was very invloved. Sorry to hear she passed away, last year I think.

Were there any nettles up in there yet?
Old 07-22-2008, 09:06 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Treads
I would go to Vera's as a kid once a summer on my Dad's boat. It was a great place. Vera always had a Hawaiian dress on every day. I heard that Steve met up with her a few years ago and was very invloved. Sorry to hear she passed away, last year I think.

Were there any nettles up in there yet?
The story I heard was that over the years Steve and Vera became friends and she passed her dream onto him... regardless come back and visit, you'll love it.

no nettles yet that i saw, but with this dry spell they cant be far
Old 07-22-2008, 09:10 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

No nettles so far. The finale of the Hawaiian Tropic contest is August 24. I think they are planning more for next year. Steve and Lisa have put a LOT of time, sweat and money into that place since taking ownership a few years ago. It's actually kinda cool, Vera sold it to Steve because she loved him and knew he'd do the right thing, and he has done it up at least partially to honor her. (Make sure you check out the Vera room) All of it is paying off though and the place rocks.
Attached Thumbnails Veras White Sands-vera.jpg  
Old 07-22-2008, 10:35 AM
Registered

Just might be the right place to go the weekend of Aug 23-24, happens to be our 23rd Anniversary as well. How long of a run from Middle River would you think, 3 hours in a 34PC?
Old 07-22-2008, 01:22 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah it is a real cool place i go there a few times a month i just dont remember leaving sometimes.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:45 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

My parents used to keep their boat there when I grew up. Back when Rt 4 was a two lane road from Prince Frederick to Solomons. Those were good times. I'm glad someone is treating that place right.

I miss breakfast at the Frying Pan right down the road from there!
Old 07-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Treads
Just might be the right place to go the weekend of Aug 23-24, happens to be our 23rd Anniversary as well. How long of a run from Middle River would you think, 3 hours in a 34PC?
You're looking about 1.5 hours past Annapolis, nice ride. We did it in about a half hour on Sunday...

In Steve's Skater
Old 07-22-2008, 08:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by insptech
You're looking about 1.5 hours past Annapolis, nice ride. We did it in about a half hour on Sunday...
In Steve's Skater
lol it took me a lil while longer that eve...dude it was ugly out..I can't judge wave height all that well, but I thanked Don aronow in a few thoughts and called Dave at MDG to thank him on monday...I'll just say it was a sphincter ride back...

Quick Reply: Veras White Sands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.