Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Mid Atlantic US
Best Boating on Chesapeake Bay >

Best Boating on Chesapeake Bay

Notices

Best Boating on Chesapeake Bay

Old 07-29-2008, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

up near the north east river is nice and the elk river towards the canal. dont go near the flats past the mouth of the elk. off towards your left as you head up the north east. at low tide i believe there is roughly 2-3 feet of water covering most of that.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

No haven't been to Hard yacht cafe. Always looking for new spots to hit. Will have to check it out.If you raft up in Aug ,Ill see if I can get out to join you.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:43 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
Sounds like we are talking about same place?? Thanks for the heads up! We usually head in before dark, lots of police where I come in and just don't like to cance it.

WILL
It's called the Sunset Beach Hotel & Resort I believe. It is the first Hotel on the left after the toll plaza heading north.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 03darkshadow
up near the north east river is nice and the elk river towards the canal. dont go near the flats past the mouth of the elk. off towards your left as you head up the north east. at low tide i believe there is roughly 2-3 feet of water covering most of that.
The channels leading up the west side to Havre de Grace and the Susquehanna, and up the east side to Northeast, MD are well-marked. The middle is for experienced navigators and shallow-drafts only. In a big northern blow, it can actually go dry in some places.
If you can find your way all the way up to the northern end, there is an area know as "The Flats" where there is very nice water and a hard sand bottom right next to a channel. Very popular on weekends, but you do get some wakes from passing traffic....
Old 08-01-2008, 03:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by C_Spray
The channels leading up the west side to Havre de Grace and the Susquehanna, and up the east side to Northeast, MD are well-marked. The middle is for experienced navigators and shallow-drafts only. In a big northern blow, it can actually go dry in some places.
If you can find your way all the way up to the northern end, there is an area know as "The Flats" where there is very nice water and a hard sand bottom right next to a channel. Very popular on weekends, but you do get some wakes from passing traffic....

yeah, we used to go raft up out there on the flats and relax. that or right near the mouth of the nort east river by turkey point has nice a hard sand bottom for throwing anchor and playing in the water. We would go skiing between the bridges on the Susquehanna, even on the weekends up there it was relatively smooth.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:07 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Lloyd Creek is my favorite spot on the bay and has been for 20 years. Actually stayed there during a hurricane one year in the early 90's.
Attached Thumbnails Best Boating on Chesapeake Bay-lloyds-creek-aerial-shot-medium-.jpg   Best Boating on Chesapeake Bay-8-03-08-lloyds-creek-raft-up-022-large-.jpg  
Old 08-10-2008, 08:14 AM
Registered

I AGREE !!!!!!! DID YOU GET MY E-MAIL ??? GIVE A BROTHER A LIFT TO LlOYD , I'M BOATLESS UNTIL SPRING !!!!