Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Mid Atlantic US
Hey HRPA Guys...... 4th of July >

Hey HRPA Guys...... 4th of July

Notices

Hey HRPA Guys...... 4th of July

Old 03-25-2009, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a public ramp next to Bluewater Yacht in Hampton, not sure on the parking accomodations or size of ramp, you could call Bluewater to check on it. No way I would leave anything at the ramp next to the James River Bridge in Newport News.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

There is a relatively large lot at the Blue Water Yacht. Portsmouth City Ramp is decent with real good parking.

I would check because at the end of last summer my wife and I were heading to Salt Ponds, and the restauraunt, bar, pool etc.... had closed and wasn't going to be reopened.

If you are going to Salt Ponds you could also drop in where I do - every weekend - this ramp that is at the mouth of the York River. Lots of parking, very small town with fairly regular police patrol, nicest ramps I have ever been to and everyone would be fine as long as it isn't a dead low tide. Would have you getting off the interstate at Ft. Eustis, exit 250B off I64.

Several Years back I would go to Harborfest with a neighbor on his Sea Ray and dock at the Marina - the fire works show was always AWESOME; unless it has changed I doubt you'll beat it.

Update - Did a little geographic research for you. It is essentially equal distance from the ramp I launch at, the Portsmouth City park, and Newport News Huntington Park - all about 17.5-18 miles after you put in.

Blue Water Yacht would be much closer by boat - about 7-8 miles after you drop in.

Personally - I would not feel safe leaving my rig at NN Hunting Park.

See if this map helps....
Attached Thumbnails Hey HRPA Guys...... 4th of July-map.jpg  

Last edited by seafordguy; 03-26-2009 at 10:50 AM.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by t500hps
I'm at the other end of that raft-up.....2nd or 3rd boat from that end. I don't think I ever made it to your end of the group that whole day!!!!

Were you there about 8:00 pm......girls dancing topless on the brass pole boat!!!!

We had to depart right before it got dark, I had a 277 Islander that day so, no cabin to sleep in.

WILL
Old 04-29-2009, 10:05 PM
Are we having fun, yet?
Charter Member

There is a public ramp on Jones Creek, Which is off the Pagan River. I have used that ramp a couple of times, once for a long weekend. No problems for us.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:20 PM
Registered

Default boat ramps

Hey Shah, There Are 2 Ramps That Work Real Well For All Boats 1 Is In Back River Wallace Boat Ramp Large Parking Lot Lighted At Night. The Other Is In Portsmouth City Park This Is Close To Harborfest Area On The Western Branch Of The Elizabeth River You Can Look Both Up On Map Quest Do Not Know Of Problems At Ether Ramp.
Scotty Mckay
42 Fountain
46 Sea Ray Sundancer