Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Mid Atlantic US
July 25th Aquapalooza @ Tims Rivershore 2 >

July 25th Aquapalooza @ Tims Rivershore 2

Notices

July 25th Aquapalooza @ Tims Rivershore 2

Old 07-18-2009, 12:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

last Sunday, on the way back from Fairview I saw a Coast Guard boat trolling around the marker, maybe they are going to do something before
Old 07-18-2009, 07:39 AM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was talking to a friend last night that is the engineer for the Nanjemoy Vol. Fire Dept. when they put a new Fire Boat in service this spring, Congressman Steny Hoyer came to the dedication and took a ride on the boat. They went out to #8, and he was shown dangers. Hoyers office called the Coast Guard and told them about the concerns and accidents. The Coast Guard told Hoyers office if you stay on the right side of the marker you will be fine. So I guess they dont really care about it until their is a very serious injury.
Old 07-18-2009, 07:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by My Addiction
last Sunday, on the way back from Fairview I saw a Coast Guard boat trolling around the marker, maybe they are going to do something before
Me 2

Linster I see your question has been answered. Sorry- most of the info was in the link I posted.

We can head over and drop like 50 crab pot markers in that area to keep boaters clear. A lot of cinder blocks work fit on Selzers deck
Old 07-20-2009, 06:21 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

FYI - Virginia game warden have (2) Yamaha PWC that they will be using to patrol next two weekends, these are loners from Lake Anna - they will be mostly around the high traffic areas of Leeyslyvania Park - very sneaky, the only way you can tell is if you are 10' away and see the badge - They are just doing thier job but thay can easily sneak inbetween boats with out being noticed. Who knows they may end up @ Tims II
Old 07-20-2009, 12:02 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Thanks James, we saw 2 at the Jammin on the James poker run at the ramp in Hopewell. I thought who would be out on Jet Ski's with short sleeve shirts, and shorts in 85 degree heat. When we got closer, noticed they both had guns in holsters on their belts. Then I was able to see the patch on thier shoulders that said VA, DNR. As you said , thats the last thing you think of when you see a couple of Jet Ski's, that they are on patrol.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by marylandmark
Me 2

We can head over and drop like 50 crab pot markers in that area to keep boaters clear. A lot of cinder blocks work fit on Selzers deck
WATCH IT SUCKA
Old 07-23-2009, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 41 Likes on 11 Posts

Putting in tomorrow morning. If anyone stumbles by the back of my boat introduce yourselves. Nice to put faces with names. It's a 38' purple/yellow Scarab with blower scoops. Can't miss it. Everyone have fun and be safe.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:33 AM
Registered

Looks like we will be there as well, go try and put in at Cobb Friday night and stay there, nothing like a big Capt John's breakfast to get Saturday started in the right direction.
Bill and Linnie, we can make the run down with you guys

Rick
Old 07-23-2009, 02:31 PM
Registered

Looks like I'm making the trek to Tims 2 Saturday. We're leaving Cambridge at 8am and as long as the Bay is not too snotty, we should be there around 11:30am.

I'll be in a Black 400SS named "Way Too Slow."

Sal
Old 07-23-2009, 03:47 PM
Registered

Any suggestions for easily accessible diesel fuel docks between the mouth of the Potomac and Fairview?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.