Atlanta Powerboat Club?!?!?!

Notices

Atlanta Powerboat Club?!?!?!

Old 04-04-2002, 09:52 PM
CBPBA's Walmart Greeter
VIP Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Atlanta Powerboat Club?!?!?!

hey, you guys just transplants or does Atlanta really have some huge arsed lakes with powerboats I don't know about ?!?!?! HA!!

Love Hot'lanta. Give my regards to Buckhead. Reminds me of a very upscale and classy version of Baltimore's Fells Point and Canton.

-----------------------------------------

CHESAPEAKE BAY POWER BOAT ASSOCIATION
'http://www.cbpba.com'

"Experience is something you don't have until just after you need it."
Old 04-05-2002, 12:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The answer to your questions would be Yes and Yes! I'm an old transplant and we have big lakes with tons of boats around here.

I did lots of boating in MD when I lived there--used to launch around the corner from Fort McHenry, the Back River, hung out at Inner Harbor, Hart-Miller, etc. A friend of mine there from work had a 26 Welcraft Nova and was planning to move up--Al Cade. Have you heard of him? Was wondering how he was doing.
Old 04-05-2002, 04:58 AM
Registered

Well some of us are the original full blown Southern Atlanta Born Georgia Peaches. Unfortunately, we have a bunch of you transplants to put up with also

Having never been futher north than Baltimore...I can't say I know for sure but I do hear that ya'll have some nice lakes up there...even if you do consider 70 degrees to be warm!
Old 04-05-2002, 06:21 AM
CBPBA's Walmart Greeter
VIP Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Corey, haven't heard of your friend, but I'm real familiar with the area's you mentioned since born and raised here. Hart Miller has about 200 boats on any given Saturday or Sunday, and there are a lot of Nova Spyders, still pretty popular.

haha Speedbump! You guys are putting up with a LOT of transplants, that's for sure. I remember Atlanta 20 years ago when $70,000 would have bought you a 2 car garage home on 1 acre!! Spoiled rotten here with the Chesapeake Bay, but boating season is 6 months long max.

-----------------------------------------

CHESAPEAKE BAY POWER BOAT ASSOCIATION
'http://www.cbpba.com'

"Experience is something you don't have until just after you need it."
Old 04-05-2002, 12:41 PM
Registered

Speedbump,

Yeah, if I had known that everyone else in the country was going to move to Atlanta too I might have picked a different place!

In MD, the summers get hotter that Atlanta, believe it or not. I really do enjoy the extended warm part of the year down here, though I always did try to stretch the seasons up there. I can remember boating one early spring morning that as I came around a bend I had to yank the wheel to get the boat turned around quick before it became an icebreaker!
Old 04-05-2002, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Being originally from NY, the lakes are OK, but it's not the ocean. That being said, there's something really nice about being able to go boating (depending on weather) on New Years Day.
Old 04-05-2002, 08:01 PM
Registered

Lets see...........Left upstate NY in 1979........in Tampa (Gulf Mex & Lake Tarpon) until late 80's......then up to PA for 4years (no h2o........down/over to Lexingtion KY (Lake Cumberland) for 4years.........been here since 1998. AND THATS IT.....I aint moving again!!!!

Bob
Old 04-08-2002, 09:25 AM
Registered

kaamacat...what part of up state NY? I'm from Palmyra which is about 20 miles east of Rochester and just norht of I-90. I love the fingure lakes!
Old 04-08-2002, 03:35 PM
Registered

SeaDated........Sorry, when I say "upstate", thats anything north of the TZ bridge. Grew up in Poughkeepsie, but spent most of the time down in Rockland County (till 79') in WestNyack. Tell you what, real upstate NY is great looking country.

......and on a boating note. When I pulled my alternators the other week, I just realized they are not screened. (dont know if they just came that way or not). So, guess I am going the new route versus getting these rebuilt, for safety reasons. (Really it looks like the marinized versions are really just an addition of the screen)

Bob
Old 04-08-2002, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Upstate NY is Beautiful, but I have to say I've met people up there that make the mountain people of North GA seem very hip !!! Syracuse NY, the only place on the planet I've ever had a person use the words u-ins, and us-ins, in the same sentence. (although I think he was from PA)

Quick Reply: Atlanta Powerboat Club?!?!?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.