Roberstons Crab House Popes Creek

Notices

Roberstons Crab House Popes Creek

Old 03-08-2010, 09:16 AM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Roberstons Crab House Popes Creek

Heard yesterday, it was leased to a group out of Balt. that currently owns or has experience with restaurants. Supposed to open next month. They are doing some remodeling work on the inside. Supposed to remain a seafood restaurant.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Beak Boater
Heard yesterday, it was leased to a group out of Balt. that currently owns or has experience with restaurants. Supposed to open next month. They are doing some remodeling work on the inside. Supposed to remain a seafood restaurant.
I haven't been to Robertson's in years. Maybe it will be another place to go on the river. A variation from the typical "Crab House" menu would be a nice idea. There's certainly enough of those places already.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:17 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Heard that they cannot serve Blue crabs. So it will be different from that respect.

Last edited by Beak Boater; 03-09-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any reason why they cant serve them. Is it in the lease agreement. I guess that would make sense if it is beeing leased from Cpt. Billy's owners.
I like having options.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:03 AM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Originally Posted by My Addiction
any reason why they cant serve them. Is it in the lease agreement. I guess that would make sense if it is beeing leased from Cpt. Billy's owners.
I like having options.
Thats what I heard.....doesnt really make since, from my lowly point of view. If you wanted crabs, and Billy's was out the door, as it ususally is in the summer, you either waited in line, or walked next door to Robertsons. Or go a little farther to down to Gilligans. If the lease prevents the selling of Blue crabs, now you go down to Gilligans, and the leasors get nothing. If they were selling crabs, the leasors would get a portion, if not just in lease money, providing its doing a good business. I guess Billy's was scared of the competition.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:07 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,283 Likes on 445 Posts

Thats what I heard.....doesnt really make since, from my lowly point of view. If you wanted crabs, and Billy's was out the door, as it ususally is in the summer, you either waited in line, or walked next door to Robertsons. Or go a little farther to down to Gilligans. If the lease prevents the selling of Blue crabs, now you go down to Gilligans, and the leasors get nothing. If they were selling crabs, the leasors would get a portion, if not just in lease money, providing its doing a good business. I guess Billy's was scared of the competition.
that is funny especially being as that is how Billy got started,selling crabs themselves really inst as profitable as far as per meal profit, especially all you can eat. Tables are tied up for quite a while and you don't turn them fast enough, the money there is made on alcohol and paid side orders. if the other rest can serve crab cakes, they actually may make more per butt in seat than having a table tied up for 2-3 hours with people that pick crabs slowly. nothing against either place but I've always had better luck with Capt Johns crabs down on the island.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:31 AM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Your right Rob....I really never thought about it like that, but that is ironic. We like Capt. Johns also. Its in your back yard, like Popes creek is in ours....close to home.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:47 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,283 Likes on 445 Posts

Your right Rob....I really never thought about it like that, but that is ironic. We like Capt. Johns also. Its in your back yard, like Popes creek is in ours....close to home.
yea, i wish i could get down there more, I'm up in Carroll county now. I remember when Garrett Robertson died, the family really got hit hard. If i remember correctly there has always been some sort of family feuding there. I'm going to do more solomans runs this year and then head up that way. my brother looks right across the river at popes creek, so thats some summer weekends for sure. he just built a huge pier too.