New Bumpersbash 2010 Dobbins Island,MD July 2010 >

New Bumpersbash 2010 Dobbins Island,MD July 2010

Notices

New Bumpersbash 2010 Dobbins Island,MD July 2010

Old 04-06-2010, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New Bumpersbash 2010 Dobbins Island,MD July 2010

I've heard this is a fun annual event and it seems to be picking up steam on facebook with 300 plus already attending. Is this a fun party to take the boat or out of control crazy?
Old 04-06-2010, 02:22 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny, I saw this and was wondering the same thing. We used to do Canal Day, but it's just too crowded and too many knuckleheads any more. OTOH, we did have some kick-a** times there...
Old 04-06-2010, 03:21 PM
Registered

Yeah I've heard about canal day too. It's a little beyond my idea of fun at this point. I can't get trapped in canal day for the weekend and don't want my boat trashed.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Registered

I did it last year. You can pretty much swim there from my communitiy beach. It doesn't get out of control. The wife and I stayed outside the chain and watched for a few hours. It was a pretty good time. We will attend this year for sure.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:55 PM
Registered

i've gone the last two years and both times have been great. it's a good mix of all kinds of boats and different age groups.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:03 PM

Went last year and it was probably the best party of the summer! I will be there again for sure this year! Get there early!
Old 04-23-2010, 06:12 PM
Registered
Gold Member

I have attended every one so far . By far it is a great time . It only gets crazy if you do.. I have met some great people at the event. Lots of Music ,swimming , Just a great place to have a good time and PARTY!!!!
Look for me 28' Cigarette Named RUSH HOUR stop on by and introduce your self and have a cold one.
SEE you at the EVENT!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2010, 04:27 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Default dobbins island

What are the dates and time,going to come down from northpoint creek in baltimore. Thanks JOHN
Old 04-28-2010, 08:13 AM
Registered

Saturday-July 24th 2010. They tell me get there early before noon on the Magothy River. When you enter the river follow channel in. Then watch speed limit between markers at one point I think then after into river, turn 90 degrees to the right to see island a mile or so on left.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:11 AM
Registered

If you want a spot close to the island, the sooner the better. Maybe even the night before. Pat was correct. Enter the Magothy and turn right. It is wakeless when first entering the river between the channel markers and open outside the markers, which is usually packed with crab pods. After that just turn right and you can't miss it. There is a channel marker just to the right of the island, stay to the right of it. It can be shallow there. Also, if you've never been there, do not try to come around the backside of the island, there is a large sandbar.