Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Mid Atlantic US
Ever had a snake in your boat?? >

Ever had a snake in your boat??

Notices

Ever had a snake in your boat??

Old 06-15-2010, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

had outboards tilted up on my boat out of the water and watched a snake raise up from the water and slither right up like it was nothing. It was sunning itself on the top of the cover.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snake Story

My brother was standing in the water about 5' deep working on outboard. All of the sudden he yelled and was standing on the pier (about 6' - 7' from the bottom of the river). A little 10" green snake had swam into him and he launched out of the water.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:44 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

On Animal Planet last night their was a show called alien invaders.....showing how they catch like 1000's of bermese pythons all over florida every year since hurricane andrew and this year in march they caught a friggin anaconda! Florida needs to put a wrap on the miami exotic import for animals.....NOT EXOTIC IMPORTED WOMEN THOUGH
Old 06-16-2010, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Samantha, interesting we have seen many snakes around our place recently too. I thought they only ate bugs and smaller stuff. Its a recent thing. Not sure why so damn many snakes all of the sudden?They seem to be taking over. They slither around our pier in the water and I don't know if they're dangerous to humans? They seem to be afraid of us but come ashore at night.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Pat Ousborne
Samantha, interesting we have seen many snakes around our place recently too. I thought they only ate bugs and smaller stuff. Its a recent thing. Not sure why so damn many snakes all of the sudden?They seem to be taking over. They slither around our pier in the water and I don't know if they're dangerous to humans? They seem to be afraid of us but come ashore at night.

Hey Pat!

This snake was sick! Im getting the heebie jeebies just thinking about it now!! We sent a pic of it to the DNR and they said it looks like a "black ratsnake"...they dont carry venom...

See you out on the water this weekend...big raft up at Hart Miller Island going on Saturday from what I hear..
Old 06-17-2010, 03:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Powerboat713
I have more at home..
I bet its this...

http://www.enature.com/fieldguides/d...?recnum=AR0108
Old 06-17-2010, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

To the question have I ever had a snake on my boat.... Sone girl was asleep one night in my cuddy and it was real dark out couldn't see nothing. I heard her scream and she said she had a snake try and crawl up her butt... My buddy flippe on the lighs real quick and there I stood behind her searching for that snake.... We never found it but she sure was scared that night
Old 06-17-2010, 08:23 PM
Registered

Come on Sam its just a little black snake now if you said chucky screamed like a little girl and ran up thr peir now that be funny. well good like with the snakes and make sure to keep a eye out on your exhaust tips the like to hide on there also trust me

Bill
Old 06-18-2010, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by BillFormula
Come on Sam its just a little black snake now if you said chucky screamed like a little girl and ran up thr peir now that be funny. well good like with the snakes and make sure to keep a eye out on your exhaust tips the like to hide on there also trust me

Bill
Billy, just watch your feet next time you visit me when Im giving the Sonic its morning bath, might have one of those suckers right under your feet!!
Old 06-18-2010, 01:19 PM
Registered

While rafted up one day on Lake Travis, I had one swim right be me, then headed up my swim platform and then into the exhaust. Lucky for him, he hit the internal flapper and decided to swim away. Otherwise, I would have had someone start the boat to get rid of him! The bad thing is that the people in the boat saw him swim right by me and instead of yelling "snake" they just kept yelling my name so I'm like WTF? Had they yelled snake, I would have splashed him away.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.