Need Merc mechanic on kerr lake >

Need Merc mechanic on kerr lake

Notices

Need Merc mechanic on kerr lake

Old 07-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Merc mechanic on kerr lake

Does anyone know where I can get my 496HO scanned on or near Kerr Lake? My first day on the water today and I'm getting the two beeps every min. alarm after a WOT run and useing way too much fuel. It's not idling rough or running rough, water press. normal, oil press. normal, just useing more fuel than normal and turning the hole back of my boat black. I'm at the lake all week and don't want to chase my tail if I don't have too. I heard Henderson, NC might be the closest place to start. Can anyone verify this and/or give me a name.
Thanks in advance, Keith
Old 07-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found a place outside Henderson, NC that was able to fit me in and scanned my PCM. Thanks Overby Marne. The only code that registered was a "CPProp Mode Switch High" which put the motor in guardian mode and backed the power off by 10%. Service mechanic called Mercury Marine and they had never heard of or knew what the CPProp mode was. They cleared the code so we'll see what happens. If anyone has ever seen this code and knows what it is please chime in.