Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Mid Atlantic US
Good EFI mechanic in NC...Lake Norman? >

Good EFI mechanic in NC...Lake Norman?

Notices

Good EFI mechanic in NC...Lake Norman?

Old 07-17-2011, 01:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good EFI mechanic in NC...Lake Norman?

Anyone know of a good mechanic in NC preferably around Lake Norman. I am having some issues that my local shop can't diagnose. I need a second opinion from a smart shop before I drop big bucks on a new ECM.

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-17-2011, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

call bob shutter, i think his company is called boat repairs plus, located in Denver which is near LKN
Old 07-17-2011, 06:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Boomer35
call bob shutter, i think his company is called boat repairs plus, located in Denver which is near LKN
Ok man, thanks so much!
Old 07-18-2011, 07:31 PM
Registered

Dropped the boat off today with Bob Shutter. Very nice guy, I hope he can figure out what's up with my boat. He even said he would get to it tomorrow.......that's impressive!
Old 07-22-2011, 05:23 PM
Registered

Boat is fixed. It was the MAP sensor going nuts and throwing the timing off. Hard to believe that my local shop and Mercruiser technical "service" was telling me to go buy a new ECM.

Bob gets my business from now on.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:13 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Glad you got it fixed.

A bad MAP sensor isn't that hard to diagnose with the right tools. Doesn't your local shop have a scan tool or diag software?
Old 07-23-2011, 09:16 AM
Registered

I don't know who you were dealing with in Greensboro, but I don't let anyone in Greensboro touch my boat. I take my boat to M.E.R performance outside Myrtle Beach when I need work. I have a scan tool and may be able to help you next time. Where do you boat around here? Jeff Wurl
Old 07-24-2011, 03:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dave M
Glad you got it fixed.

A bad MAP sensor isn't that hard to diagnose with the right tools. Doesn't your local shop have a scan tool or diag software?
Yeah they do but it's the old DDT not the new CDS. It was a rookie mistake on my part, luckily I didn't just take their word for it! This is my first boat and I am still learning, obviously I need to learn more about this stuff to save time and money.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jwurl
I don't know who you were dealing with in Greensboro, but I don't let anyone in Greensboro touch my boat. I take my boat to M.E.R performance outside Myrtle Beach when I need work. I have a scan tool and may be able to help you next time. Where do you boat around here? Jeff Wurl
Not letting anyone around here touch my boat anymore either! I might hit you up for some help if I have anymore problems, so thanks in advance. We just went up to Lake James yesterday but usually go to Smith Mountain. What about you?
Old 07-24-2011, 09:26 PM
Registered

I was out a Belews lake for a few hours today. I try to go to Norman when I can. There is a fun run planned for Lake Norman on Aug. 27th. You should try to make it.. Jeff Wurl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.