Notices

DC Fun Run 2011

Old 09-12-2011, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 12 Posts

DaveM: Take it from me... its NOT worth it. I went out yesterday. Left Aquia Creek and headed to Tim's. Got in the main river and didn't see a thing. I thought man this is perfect. Left Tim's headed for Gilligans. No sooner did I get on plane I found myself in a MASSIVE float of logs, debris, lumber, boxes, shelves, you name it. Took me 30 minutes to idle to the MD side. At that time I had to get in the water, defoul both drives, and made it to Gilligans. On the way home ran into another HUGE float in front of Aquia. This one had some trees 24"-36" around, large logs, etc. Same story again. The rivers passable, but no fun.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:41 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Jpzaluski
DaveM: Take it from me... its NOT worth it. I went out yesterday. Left Aquia Creek and headed to Tim's. Got in the main river and didn't see a thing. I thought man this is perfect. Left Tim's headed for Gilligans. No sooner did I get on plane I found myself in a MASSIVE float of logs, debris, lumber, boxes, shelves, you name it. Took me 30 minutes to idle to the MD side. At that time I had to get in the water, defoul both drives, and made it to Gilligans. On the way home ran into another HUGE float in front of Aquia. This one had some trees 24"-36" around, large logs, etc. Same story again. The rivers passable, but no fun.
Thanks for the report. I figured as much so I decided to go to work and save my vacation time.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:21 AM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jason.....I am sorry, was getting the information from someone who lives on the water. He also went out, ran into the trash float. Bruce called me to warn me, and I sent you a message asap, but I guess you were already out. I kind of figured that their would be some trash on the river some where.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm maybe i should take the plastic boat and check north of the power lines. I feel its my duty.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:00 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 12 Posts

It is your duty.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:44 PM
Registered

For those of you that are thinking of coming with us, please do. If you want to stay in Old Town Alexandria the phone # is 703-838-4265 The city docks. Shoot for the A or B Docks.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:46 PM
Registered

It is your duty.
Yep river is trashed.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by seltzer
Yep river is trashed.
When and where did you go out??
Old 09-14-2011, 01:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by seltzer
Yep river is trashed.
I think i should check again tomorrow
weather permitting
Old 09-14-2011, 05:18 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Check out this satellite photo of the bay and the Potomac river. This is whats headed our way.
Click on the map and enlarge it and look at the Potomac river, its just getting down around Fairview now. For the bay its almost down to Solomons Island. Not Good!!
http://cbf.typepad.com/bay_daily/201...y-entry-2.html

Last edited by Beak Boater; 09-14-2011 at 05:20 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.