Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Mid Atlantic US
Moving to Glen Burnie for a month or so. >

Moving to Glen Burnie for a month or so.

Notices

Moving to Glen Burnie for a month or so.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
redeyes for the bikini contest, at least to me is like jersey shore...bunch of meatheads trying to be cool, otherwise it is ok for grabbing a couple drinks. more laid back is the jetty or big owl... coconut joes is ok and pier 7 is right there to put in, but I had a run in with nasty drunk chic throwing rocks at my truck, the local trash can ruin any establishment. Bay cafe is fun, not alot of dock space though. River watch is a blast as is hard yacht.... they can all be fun at any time, best bet is to spread it out. just my opinions though
Ditto on all the above. Jetty is way more laid back. I went out at pier 7 last summer, came back about 730 pm and found some drunk from coco joes block my truck and trailer in. Did not get the boat on the trailer untill 1130 pm when the manager of 7 showed up and a gang of tow trucks. What a horrible night!
Old 04-25-2012, 06:34 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Downtown42
did you tell her she was fat or something?
Dude, it was crazy... the place was kinda new so everyone wanted to hang at the new tiki bar, well they all started parking in the marina, I had a blowout on my trailer and was on 5 tires trying to get out and back up at night, not easy with a 46 ft trailer and a dually, backing blind. Well she got all pissy because i was backing slow and pulled in front of me and parked and got out to go into the club.... I almost hit a HO, i pointed at the sign that said marina parking only and flipped a gasket, she started throwing rocks all the bouncers came over I said call the cops. The bouncers were cool and asked her to leave and later that week I had a talk with the guy who manages the marina and now there is no more rest/tiki bar parking there.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:39 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Prostreet144
Ditto on all the above. Jetty is way more laid back. I went out at pier 7 last summer, came back about 730 pm and found some drunk from coco joes block my truck and trailer in. Did not get the boat on the trailer untill 1130 pm when the manager of 7 showed up and a gang of tow trucks. What a horrible night!
see my story above, Josh the manager of pier 7 is a great guy. he is the only reason i will go there, but if I am heading up bay, I'll put in at sandy point, love the ramps there and they have fuel. if you put in at pier 7, liberty, londontowne and turkey point all have fuel.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:29 PM
Registered

Glen Burnie is a great place, I grew up there, bought my HD2500 from JBA also grew up with Buddy Price who works at JBA, good guy.
You'll be in one of the best areas, there is so many places to hang and or boat to. Reckless Ric's is also a cool place.
Check out www.cbpba.com
Great boating club, a lot of members are from this area.

As far as Md being a bad place.....maybe a badass place....all good here!
Look us up when you get settled in.

Welcome to Maryland!!!
Tell Buddy Joe Pasko say hey.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
see my story above, Josh the manager of pier 7 is a great guy. he is the only reason i will go there, but if I am heading up bay, I'll put in at sandy point, love the ramps there and they have fuel. if you put in at pier 7, liberty, londontowne and turkey point all have fuel.
Yeah it was Josh that showed up. I don't know him personally but have a good buddy of mine that knows him and speaks well of him. He gave me a free pass for the next time but it was still a pain.
Not to get off topic but any suggestions on a place to drop in on the rhode river? So far all I have found is sail boat marinas or hear of places not friendly to open exhaust. I sometimes go to the island in the rhode with my French bulldog and he hates leaving the south river and going in the bay to cross over.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:58 PM
Joe
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the Chesapeake....once you get your feet wet you will love it, so many places to go, do, and see. I live in PA. but have had my Christ Craft at Mears point marina for the past 14 years. Kent Narrows is great 30 minites from Baltamore, Redeyes is great, you guys are right though, on sundays you will need to stop at the gym across from Redeye and get "pumped up" before you go in there, there is alot of meat heads, but still fun, Jettys fun, Annies got GREAT steaks, crab deck, Harris crab house, new public boat ramp right there....heck if your looking for a place to hang, all give you my pass to Mears, hang out on the CristCraft maybe wash it down for me, "dont get down to much" go to there huge pool, go to the gym and get "pumped up" and walk over to the Redeyes just in time for the bikini contest on Sunday...
Old 04-25-2012, 09:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Prostreet144
Yeah it was Josh that showed up. I don't know him personally but have a good buddy of mine that knows him and speaks well of him. He gave me a free pass for the next time but it was still a pain.
Not to get off topic but any suggestions on a place to drop in on the rhode river? So far all I have found is sail boat marinas or hear of places not friendly to open exhaust. I sometimes go to the island in the rhode with my French bulldog and he hates leaving the south river and going in the bay to cross over.
check with Ted G or craig/old school, they both live in Bev beach on the Rhodes and can tell you of a ramp if there is one.

I forgot about reckless rics Joe, there is also nabbs creek which has done some updating as well.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tcwcar
Welcome to the Chesapeake....once you get your feet wet you will love it, so many places to go, do, and see. I live in PA. but have had my Christ Craft at Mears point marina for the past 14 years. Kent Narrows is great 30 minites from Baltamore, Redeyes is great, you guys are right though, on sundays you will need to stop at the gym across from Redeye and get "pumped up" before you go in there, there is alot of meat heads, but still fun, Jettys fun, Annies got GREAT steaks, crab deck, Harris crab house, new public boat ramp right there....heck if your looking for a place to hang, all give you my pass to Mears, hang out on the CristCraft maybe wash it down for me, "dont get down to much" go to there huge pool, go to the gym and get "pumped up" and walk over to the Redeyes just in time for the bikini contest on Sunday...
Hey let me know..So far I am just intown for a month so am not bringing a boat or jet skis. If you need someone to wash the boat up or keep it clean, let me know. Thats why I am here..I am a professional detailer and here to train a crew at jba..fox..jones and a bmw dealer and heeshy nissan. Or let me know when your in and I will come meet you.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:41 PM
Registered

Thanks for all your replies..Sounds like lots to do. NOt really into the whole meathead jersey shore thing, but any of you make it out to the area let me know and I will try and meet you over there and buy you a few drinks. I only work til 12 on saturdays and off sundays. So far though I will agree the town seems like any other town I have been to. Even visited east balitmore on accident..Didnt stop at a single stop sign and ran like hell..White guy with ohio plates in a bmw is all bad.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by THATS IT
Glen Burnie is a great place, I grew up there, bought my HD2500 from JBA also grew up with Buddy Price who works at JBA, good guy.
You'll be in one of the best areas, there is so many places to hang and or boat to. Reckless Ric's is also a cool place.
Check out www.cbpba.com
Great boating club, a lot of members are from this area.

As far as Md being a bad place.....maybe a badass place....all good here!
Look us up when you get settled in.

Welcome to Maryland!!!
Tell Buddy Joe Pasko say hey.
I will do that! Seems like a great place. I have been stuck in the back training but hopefully will get up to mingle with the guys soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.